BV is ruining my life :"(

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have had BV for about 6 months straight now, I have been treated many times with gels, and pills, etc. I have been to the hospital & gynecologists, changed my soap to a more mild soap, change my underwear twice a day, I shower every day. I also take probiotics and eat live culture yogurt on a daily basis! I have a pungent fishy smell that is so strong the odor goes right through my jeans! I cannot have sex, I refuse to even try. I think I got it from a new partner I had, after havimg sex twice, I noticed the smell and discharge about a month after.. have not had sex since, and probably won't for a very long time! It is so embarrassing it is affecting my life every single day. I have been so depressed, I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. :"( I find myself out with friends, running off and hiding if I start to catch a whiff of the fishy odor.. just hope it goes away ! I feel like I will never be myself again.... my confidence is at 0% since this started, I just don't know what else to do.  :"""( 

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also hate to be in an Uber or car with other people because the odor flows around :"( it is truly the most embarrassing, miserable feeling to deal with this every single day. I have tried everything I can besides the boric acid vaginal suppositories. Have those worked for anyone? I am willing to try ANYTHING at this point to get rid of this and get my social life/sex life back on track! 

• Posted

I read this and my heart aches for you...I too had troubled with BV and yeast infections, but for me, I found once I started eating healthy, taking probiotics, vitamins c, fish oil and eating yogurt..it went away. This has been since April of 2017, and I have never had a reacurrance again...I know it's difficult to live with, don't give up hope..there has to be something out there that will help you. Just keep pushing...

• Posted

Thank you so much, I hope something works for me soon. I see people saying they have it for years! That made me want to cry, I cannot go through this for years.  
    • Posted

I don't take vitamin c, I plan on going to my local health food store and get a good Multi-vitamin for women. I do take probiotics, eat chobani daily and I'm currently on another round of antibiotics, but they seem to never work. 

• Posted

Laura oh my god I can so relate to you I’m going thru this horrible situation as well and it’s  taking over my life. None of my friends understand I would love to speak to someone I can relate to is it possible to exchange emails or numbers 
  • Posted

Hi,

I would recommend getting your hormones checked, especially progesterone. I heard that's where the ph levels are off, when progesterone is off. Also, vitamin d levels in your blood as well. Try to strengthen up your immune system, fish oil, etc. If pharmaceutical antibiotics don't work, I recommend a homeopathic route, like turmeric and oregano oil. Don't over use them though, they destroy the good bacteria as well. Also I heard spirulina has cured some ladies with stubborn bv so that could be another try. Boric acid I heard worked for some, try it, but if it doesn't seem to do the trick, don't do it again because it dries out the vagina.

• Posted

Gabby,

Thank you this is very helpful I will try it all, fingers crossed. 

• Posted

I know how devastating BV is.  Try this ... it's worked for me.  Cut back your sugar intake to no more than 42g a day.  Even that innocent glass of orange juice in the morning is probably causing your BV to spiral out of control.  One 8oz glass can be loaded with 22g!!  Cut back and see if it helps you, too.  Good luck, dear!

• Posted

I will give this a try, I hope something works. 

😊 thank you 😊 

• Posted

I know how u feel I have the exact same problem I have had this for 2 years now and can't get rid of the smell it's ruined my life!!! Boris acid didn't work for me nothing has. I'm still trying to find something that works for the odor

• Posted

Oh no.. I'm sorry.. :"( it is so hard and people who have not had it, don't understand. My best friend and my mom and dad know, I told them because of course I'm around them all the time and I knew they've smelt it. But besides them, random ppl I see out with friends I have to try to make sure I carry perfume to spray on myself if I smell the odor coming on. . I can't wear free flowing dresses and I live in FLORIDA where it is always blazing hot, so wearing pants and leggings to try and mask the odor are the only options. It sucks.. 

• Posted

It's really embarrassing. I hate being around anybody I get real nervous now and my confidence level has went straight down. I can't take much more of this. I have tried everything and nothing has worked I don't know what else to do. I can't find anything that works!!!

• Posted

Try the liquid garlic from health food store. You buy the gel caps to put it in right before you take it. Take 2 at night after supper.

There is a compound in the garlic that is called allicin, it has antibiotic type properties I believe. I used to use it as well as the other things you mentioned, yogurt, etc.

• Posted

Thank you for the info. I am going to slowly start trying all of these things, I am hoping and praying I find something soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.