BV is ruining my life :"(

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have had BV for about 6 months straight now, I have been treated many times with gels, and pills, etc. I have been to the hospital & gynecologists, changed my soap to a more mild soap, change my underwear twice a day, I shower every day. I also take probiotics and eat live culture yogurt on a daily basis! I have a pungent fishy smell that is so strong the odor goes right through my jeans! I cannot have sex, I refuse to even try. I think I got it from a new partner I had, after havimg sex twice, I noticed the smell and discharge about a month after.. have not had sex since, and probably won't for a very long time! It is so embarrassing it is affecting my life every single day. I have been so depressed, I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. :"( I find myself out with friends, running off and hiding if I start to catch a whiff of the fishy odor.. just hope it goes away ! I feel like I will never be myself again.... my confidence is at 0% since this started, I just don't know what else to do.  :"""( 

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh also that gel you can buy at Walgreens or CVS helped with the odor big time. Its called Rephresh. Kind of expensive but its worth it to be free of the rank odor

• Posted

I tried that and it helps a little but is like $28 for 4-5 of them and they only last a couple days each. I just wish it would go away... I can't afford to spend almost $30 a week on something like that. I just left another appt and they ran some tests, for other possibilities, takes a couple weeks to get the results... But almost positive it's BV as I've been diagnosed by two other doctors. I just don't understand how there is nothing to completely knock the bad bacteria out or help grow more good! Something ugh this is so frustrating....  probiotics and changing toncotton only undies & wearing no underwater at night is not working... I am going to give the boric acid vaginal suppositories a try. I hope it helps... 

• Posted

Hi I posted what cured me in a different forum.. please understand this happened to me and my resultes may not be the same with someone else.
  • Posted

Hey love, trust me I most definitely understand how aggravating BV is. Here’s what I have been doing every morning I drink warm water with lemon and lime juice with honey, then I take 2 vitamin D pills and I found out that fenugreek pills ( order from amazon) helped with the smell. Hope this helps you out I have had BV for a few months now! 
  • Posted

I don't have this issue but I have a foot odor issue and in my search for a solution I stumbled upon Lume which is a new product specifically designed for the region you are mentioning. I haven't used it yet (again my issue is foot) though it really has good reviews and is designed by a gynaecologist. 

Also support on eating more yoghurt, probiotics, etc... and lessen sugar intake. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I have had this nasty Bv for 5 years!!!! I have been to countless doctors, tried every medication, boric acid, gels, antibiotics, EVERYTHING!!! I tried douching, yogourt, diets, pro-biotics and nothing worked. I keep reading that hydrogen peroxide douches work so i bought a fancy douche... it said to keep it in for 3 minutes... well how the hell do you keep a liquid up there for three minutes... i had my legs in the air in the bathtub looking like a damn fool only to have it come right out. 3 days ago i put peroxide in my bath water with 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil... i had sex last night and still no smell of BV. I am crossing all my fingers and toes and praying this finally works!!!!

• Posted

Laura, I would also recommend probiotics. Specifically, Flourish Probiotics by Eu Natural is on top of my list. This contains healthy, friendly bacteria which is targeted to boost digestive, urinary and gut health. Other sources of probiotics such as yogurts, kefir, pickels are also advisable. Try drinking lots of water and have a look into my recommendation. This natural combination of bacteria, vitamins and minerals is truly worth checking out.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you gave had such an awful time with this, I also was dealing with almost all the exact same issues ongoing until I found a trick with the shower. I know everyone advises against putting anything inside for cleaning, but I have been using the end if the shower ( just remove the shower head and parts obv and lower the speed if the water) and place it inside for about 30 secs, even daily sometimes, and let it sort of do a wash using only water. haven't had it once since. takes a bit of getting used to. and was daunting but has changed my life. I've not had issues from this so far and its been about 5 years now. thought I may mention it just incase it helps anyone else from this.

• Posted

ive had bv for 3 months now they keep prescribing me metrazole which im now on the thrid try this time in pill form i have one more pill i can still see white discharge a lil where close to where i pee little specks of it inside the clitrol hood part so i know its not gone doctors trying to find more wrong with me lately i saw horrible reviews now for these doctors doing this to many patients so looks like i cant stay With this one because he’s not reliable not to mention that I told him I was already prescribed Metrazol two times and it did not work but he insisted on using it again in pill form this time I feel like I’m not listened to and I’ve lost all hope been doing a bunch of home remedies cant stay with this this one because he’s not reliable so here we go with another doctor

• Posted

Hey. You post this 4 years ago but I hope you see this.(sorry I'm not english so I'm dutch so I hope you understand me. I'm Violet I'm 14 almost 15. I was s3xual assault when i was 11 almost 12. I got bv then, i didnt know i guessed it then because i googled. I had a weird smell and got very much grey discharge. I was shocked, my mother took me to a doctor. And i heard i had bv. I got pills and later creams. I cried myself to sleep nights after nights. It got away but it came back every time. I tried everything I'm now 3 years older. I still have it, i also have developed a fear of smelling. I can't live like this anymore, in fear of smelling. I quit ballet because of it and i never been happy since, it is the only thing thats on my mind, I'm now diagnosed with depression and su!cide thoughts. I want to be me again, I dropped my friends and feel not a bit like myself. Did you find your solution? Or do you still have it. I hope you see this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.