BV SERIOUSLY GETTING ME DOWN!!

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi everyone. Ive just joined this site today in the hope that I can get advice from someone in the same situation.

I am CONSTANTLY getting BV, it is driving me mad. I am so itchy and so sore down below all of the time and i'm tired of using anti-biotics as they dont seem to cure it all. The one good thing for me is that I dont have any odour attached to my BV, which is apparantly odd the doctor said as most BV is diagnosed because of its strong odour.

I do have loads of discharge all the time though and the itching is driving me stir crazy!!!!!!

I am going to read through all of the previos posts and hopefully get some good tips from people but just wondered if anyone was around to talk now. I feel so miserable, its really getting me down.

Im 34 by the way and ive suffered this for most of my adult life, but it seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last few years.

Thanks in advance everyone

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds more like a yeast infection. I have a few friends that suffer all the time from these and antibiotics are what cause it! Haha! For some ODD reason, I only get a bad a case of BV when I have slept with my ex. And I just left him two weeks ago, and I can already feel my body changing. Less stress also! When I was with him, before and after sex, (he didn't know), I would buy the hard tampons (plastic super) and pour straight peroxide down the top until the entire tampon was soaked and then leave it in for like two hours. I even saw tons of discharge on it when it came out with no odor. My problem was only horrific odor and tons of wet creamy discharge. It was so awful. BUT, in home now, back at my moms again and I can feel my body changing already. I have been out in the sun for a few days. Vitamin D IS CRUCIAL. Every summer, my BV goes away. Could be because I hate winter, and my stress levels go down in summer! Lol. I wish you the best! Just relax and try to keep the stress down. Seriously, stress is the root of all evil.
    • Posted

Thanks Ali. I just had swabs taken on Friday and defo diagnosed bv and prescribed me clindamycin (again!) it is odd there's no odour tho?? Weird.

And if stress is a factor in bv then I'm screwed because I'm stressed all the time!

I'm giving up on sex and becoming celibate as that 100% aggrivates my ph balance and starts off the bv. The last few times I've had sex it's been followed by a nasty bout. I think I am just super super sensitive down there.

Honestly it is driving me nuts.

Thanks so much for your reply! I will try and de-stress!

• Posted

First let me tell you that BV is more prevelant than yeast infections.  The antibotics they for the time you are on them but once you are exposed to what I call "triggers" boom the bv is back and you get a wonderful yeast infection due to the antibotics. You name it I tried it.  Boric acid worked for me. Boric acid is one of the most effective methods of treatment its what was used before all of these meds the drs give you that kill both the good and bad bacteria.  And its a 2 for 1 it also works on yeast infections.  Boric acid is typically a permanent treatment for bacterial vaginosis. Here are somethings to remember. BV is caused by a ph imbalance.  The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less Any thing higher can cause a problem:

Menstruation: Blood has a pH of 7.4, so during your period, vaginal pH becomes elevated. (This is why some have it bad right after)

Tampons: Since they retain the fluids that cause pH to increase, tampons can contribute to the problem, especially if you “forget” a tampon and leave it in too long.  

Intercourse: The pH of semen is 7.1 to 8. (This is why some experience it bad after sex

Douching and cleansers: Any vaginal infusion of water or other fluids can affect vaginal pH. The pH of water is 7, and fragrances and perfumes can also irritate the vagina.

Menopause or pregnancy: These are times where hormones fluctuate, which is associated with elevated pH.

You have to find your triggers and try to avoid or lessen you exposure.

• Posted

I have a question Ali18689 cuz I'm afraid of having sex with this condition however I'm super horney 😞

During sex does the discharge come out does it stop the discharge and the normal fluids(wetness) of a women over power it?

Btw I'm drinking red hip pomegranate tea and taking vitamin c 500 with red hip. Not sure if it work yet cuz it's been two days

• Posted

the bv will still be present until the infection is under control.

you can still have sex though! it's advised against because the friction may make the tissue more sensitive and vulnerable making it harder to get rid of the infection. 

but you don't have to totally deprive yourself because this infection can take a while to work itself out. 

However, I reccommend always using a condom! that way the bacteria can't be tranferred on to your partner( It's not an std, but he can reintroduce the bacteria to you causing you problems) and on top of that you don't have to worry about the sperm changing your pH.

don't have sex if the infection is in the acute phase though.

• Posted

Its not that he is reintroducing the bacteria its his semen that is causing the problem also the crap they put on condoms can also cause bv to flourish as it to can change your ph due to the harsh chemicals
    • Posted

Hey darlin. I totally feel your pain. Discharge AND odor came out when we had sex. We both made it a point to shower and clean well before and after. Men sometimes don't realize they scratch their ass and then grab their penis. Any type of fecal or whatever will absolutely ruin the pH of your vag and infections start and you want to scream. So, I suggest no anal sex or having sex without showering. I understand its hard ESP when you want it right then but if you want your vagina to be beautiful again, shower first. Honestly, I've been on this site for a while. I get emails. I read what PPP say. Boric acid, pills, all this stuff has never made it permanently go away. Something in these women's lives is causing it. I don't know any answers except to stop stressing and relax and go outside and enjoy life and before you know it, one day in the shower, you reach down to check and bam it's gone. That's all I got love! Good luck!
    • Posted

What causing it is the triggers.  BV after much research is almost like an allergic reaction.  If you are exposed to those thing that cause the reaction then boom you have a problem.  For me its semen, my cycle and harsh chemicals. I'm fine any other time but as soon as I expose myself to any of the above boom I get bv.  Ive been bv free for quite some time. 
    • Posted

Is their anything in particular you did that made your bv go away?x
    • Posted

My doctor said it can be both. Especially if he's uncircumcised. Just like with yeast. Often guys show no symptoms but can have the yeast on them.
    • Posted

Boric acid and I know what "sets me off."  i call them triggers because my body doesnt like these things so I have what I consider and allergic reaction i.e BV.  First I got rid of the bv by inserting one everyday for 3 days. I could tell the difference the very first day. I wash with only Vagisils PH balance wash.  I use a suppository when my cycle first comes on and one after it is finished.  I limit my husband finishing in me but if he does I wash with the Vagisil and pop one in before bed. For some condoms help but for me the spermicide on the condoms is a trigger so those arent an option for me.  I look at bv like allergies....with allergies you limit your exposer to what sets you off and if your exposed to things that do you take benadryl and your fine.
    • Posted

Men could carry traces of these bacteria in the urethra and if dormant it could re-infect the woman however you cannot rely on this since there is no reliable test available to identify any traces of bacterial vaginosis in men and men's genitals do not provide the same environment, i.e. a vagina or uterus, where the infection can flourish. The semen whose ph is 7.1-8 is a more probable.  Although woman may believe men can carry this infection they simply don't display any symptoms.  Although we question whether Bacterial Vaginosis affect men there is really no conclusive evidence to suggest it's true. Whether true or not, we should always take precautions and a simple approach may be to add in live yogurt into a brunch or dinner.

• Posted

Im a little hesitant to use this boric acid as ive read on another discussion it can posion you?! i worry i wouldnt know how to use it correctly.
    • Posted

trust me so was I but its only poisonous if ingested or from overuse in an infected wound but the amount that you would be using over a period of time would cause no problems. boric acid is what was used back in the day before other prescriptions that doctors prescribe that windup not working even if you only try it once you'll notice a difference the very next day check out boric acid on Amazon there are tons of women in the stories I tried everything and this works for me
    • Posted

U mentioned Boric Acid? Where can I purchase and in what form does it come? CAn you give me a lil more detail Please?
    • Posted

You mentioned boric acid? Where can I purchase and in what form is it available? Can you please give me more detail on it. Thanks!!
    • Posted

What about NSU & Reiters ? BV is treated in STI clinics  as can be given back to yourself but was told Nun's get it  if doesn't disappear can be a plumbing problem as I had Research whenthe NHS operating ethically in 1968 & one of the findings  & ignored [ Low Priority] was spina bifida [ & suspect behind my multi conditions left to fester till heart attack.Could I be a guinea pig & only research to happen now will be when try to get records when dead .No way if can't research appropriately when alive. If that was the case could have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.