BV smells

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've done some research on BV. I think my gf has is cause she has all the symptoms, thick smelly discharge, strong fish smell, pain during deep penetration during sex.

My question is.. Ive read that the fish smell gets stronger after sex. Well I've had insecure thoughts for about 7 months. Gut feelings, can't sleep or eat. . well she came home the other night and the odor was super strong . or when I get home from work. Like I can smell it from 4 feet away. Its not all the time just curtain times. Well when its that strong, does it mean she just had sex?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not at all. That's just how bv works sometimes its stronger then other times. I hope she finds a cure.

• Posted

Ic. She always brushes things off when I show concern. She hasn't been tested for anything since having our last kid. Idk if she researches anything too like I do. But its very over powering at times.

• Posted

If she thinks its bv she needs to go to her doc cause it can cause other issues if not treated. Trust me I know how she feels I've been suffering for 3 years now. Its not a easy thing to deal with.

• Posted

Not really;she needs to stop having sex and go to the doctor to cure the infection. She will always have this problem because she is infected. Bacteria infections and Yeast infections or other Sexual Transmitted diseases have to be cured. You might need treatment as well...have you told her how bad it smells? She should know;but she needs more than pills or creams for 5-7 days. You need to go to the doctor too. Go with her to her OB/GYN and help her through this if you love her and yourself.
  • Posted

Encourage her to go to her gynocologist to get treated.

Are you suspecting she has cheated?

• Posted

I've had suspicions past 8 months n I've dug n dug. Found few things that make me wonder but nothing concrete, and she's swore she hasn't. So guess I'm just being to secure.

• Posted

You should insist she e gets treated because its,effecting you too. Your health is on the line here, do not sleep with her until she gets treated!
    • Posted

I don't know but doubt its an std. But bv can effect men too from sex? I thought I read it couldn't transmit.

• Posted

I don't know but doubt its an std. But bv can effect men too from sex? I thought I read it couldn't transmit.

• Posted

As a woman we are so fast to run to the OB/GYN at the first sign of discharge or smell. It’s really suspect that she refuses to go. However, every time I got BV or AV (when it’s E. coli ) it’s been from a new partner after the condoms come off.

I read some literature last night and these infections lay dormant on the penis too and are transmitted through sex. I’ve never had bacterial infections from soap,perfume or other fragrances but one time and I was a virgin. I put shampoo down there...silly me and it went away by itself. However,as a divorced mother I am a germaphobe...I Clean everything with Bleach,Pinesol, Lysol spray and every cleaner that kills viruses and bacteria...Never refuse to go to dr. If a woman doesn’t care about the pain,swelling,embarrassing odor and discharge something is definitely wrong with the entire picture. It’s been 25 months for me and I refuse refuse refuse to ever have sex with any guy without a condom. Guys have no symptoms and we do...pray about it🙏🏽God bless

• Posted

She actually gets upset that I try to pin point the causes. I took everything I know like the fishy smell which I research is worse after sex, the pain during penetration, heavy sometimes discolored discharge, and all my findings point towards bv. She won't do research unless I push the issue then its outta spite n anger. I've looked up STDs too and somethings even point there. But she Denis cheating. During sex I do a lil investigation at times and she acts nervous like uncomfortable n tring to hide n cover up or wants lights off. She's not been that way since getting together 7 years ago. She says she was tested for STDs when pregnant with our last kid 11 months ago n it was negative. All I know is there is a lot of fishy smell and discharge daily. She came home one night n it was super strong after being gone, 4 hrs I smelled it immediately from several feet away its not usually that strong but has been time to time. She never douses, we don't use condoms never have. She has ilregular periods that only spot or only last 4 days not 6-7 and her last period this cycle was 2 months ago but we took 4 pregnancy test all negative. She has bad hyper thyroid probs and asthma and I only recall a few normal periods since the last kid. She doesn't seem worried at all only I do. Then she blames not being seen on not having insurance.

• Posted

David,

She can visit a local health clinic and sometimes treatment is free or goes by a sliding scale. She definitely needs to get tested for BV because there are other kinds of vaginal infections that can cause odor that she might have and can treat with antibiotics. I hope she goes and gets checks out. 

• Posted

Tell her to use Lysine vaginally with Probiotics Prebiotics and Vaginal Probiotics it’s a brand called V Essential they’re about 30 dollars for each so that’s about 90 bucks
    • Posted

Lysine will make her immune system boost up and I used one vaginally then you take them for a week. You must use all the Prebiotics,Probiotics and antibiotics together vaginally and orally
  • Posted

No! It might not, Inhabe not had a partner for months and I still have a strong odor. It just depends how bad the BV is, some women have odor and some women don’t have odor just discharge.. sounds like the poor thing had odor, which I also have. But word of advice.... if you suspect she could cheat on you, you shouldn’t be in the relationship at all. But don’t suspect she has cheated because the odor can be bad even if she didn’t have sex that day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.