C.O.P.D

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have had c.o.p.d. for 14 years now along with bronchiestasis (another lung disease). I have been on prednisolone now for,10 years starting with a 5mg maintenance dose and increasing up to 30 or 40 mgs. when things get bad. I also take Spiriva atrovent and sa lbutamol inhalers along with atrovent and sal. and budesonide (steroid) nebulisers daily. My tablets are around 25 per day. I also have diabetes and peripheal vascular disease along with another 9 illnesses. And i'm still alive. (sometimes only just). I have been in hospital 5 times in six months this year with excerbations but just recently I seem to be a little better. I am very bresthless and when bad I'm gasping. CAn't walk more than a few yards as my legs don't work any more. I have a mob.scooter and that is a godsend. Enough about myself - I take a day at a time and remain positive. Fortunately I am not a worrier. Anyway over the years I have got to k now 'me' I have learnt quite alot about this condition so if anyone is interested I can pass it on. Best wishes to all you sufferers.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what a lovely positive post! I am a newcomer, having only being diagnosed with copd this year and I hit the depths for a while. However, I have picked myself up and am full of hope and optimism but you have had so much more to contend with yet still see the sunny side. Love and best wishes to you. Stay positive.
    • Posted

I stay pretty positive, but sometimes I realize I haven't really been out of the house for weeks. I feel OK, but find I get tired very quickly and tend to start coughing when stressed. I also don't totally believe my diagnosis. I know something's my is wrong, but my oxygen level was 97% yesterday and today my doctor's office called to say my X-ray looked normal? How can that be if I've been diagnosed with COPD ?

• Posted

So what tests did you have done when you were diagnosed with copd?

97% blood oxygen saturation, just means you don't need to be prescribed oxygen.

Clear xrays  indicate you don't have a lung infection, lung cancer or shadow on the lung in this case the xray can appear normal.

Sadly Carole is no longer with us.

• Posted

Hi Carole,

Lovely positive post. If you can tell us some of the things you have found helpful we would be grateful.

Love Tessa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.