CA-125 results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

My gynecologist (in Poland) found a cyst on my righy ovary, he asked me to do CA-125 test. I've been referred by my english GP and.... I AM WAITING! They asked to come back a week after giving a blood sample but the result is still not there.. How long did you wait? This waiting is driving me crazy - last year I was waiting because of thyroid tumor and now this cyst...

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I heard that too that the results can be elevated but still be fine, makes you wonder why they do them, think that is why they follow through with either a ct scan or MRI scan
  • Posted

Wow, must be worrying. I just had CA125 test in Belize on Friday, said results back on Monday cos it has to go down to the capital city. Smear test is gonna take two weeks though. Have been debating whether to get surgery back home or cancel my flight and stay here... need removal of 8cm ovarian cyst and 7cm fibroid. Not sure which way to go.
    • Posted

You know what, personally I think NHS is taking a piss with waiting times. Last year it took them 3 months to remove tumor from my thyroid - and I still didn't know if it's cancer on not, had to wait next 5 weeks after the operation.

Now I am in the risk group, over 30 and no kids - I wanna get pregnant. But they just don't give a .... Rang GP today and results are still not there, it's 2 weeks now.

• Posted

Hey ladies! You won't believe it.. I rang GP today to ask if results are there. They said they will check and call me back.

So manager called me... And you know what? She was very sorry but my blood sample wasn't sent to lab.. Of course no word who is responsible, but I will place next complaint (one is due to investigation). I am tired of them... Can't sleep at night cos I'm thinking about the results and they just didn't send it...

• Posted

Samantha

Hope you gave them what for . That is terrible, how comes no one realised that when you chased before. So take it you have to have this redone now 

• Posted

That is appalling. Did you have to go in to give another sample? 
  • Posted

Hi ladies! I finally know what is going on! CA-125 came up ok, I had a scan - big cyst disappeared, but I've been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. Waiting for an appointment with gynecologist now. Hope I will get right treatment so I can get pregnant smile

Good luck to everyone here xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.