Cabbage juice helps in reducing acid reflux and gastritis (due to Hpylori)!!

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi,

Wanted to share with everyone here that cabbage juice does indeed help in healing gastritis! I did it for a week and it worked for me! I am not cured completely, but I am much much better than I was. Last 2 days I have had no stomach pains, acid reflux is almost gone (added advantage that I didnt expect) except for a bit of post nasal drip and feeling almost normal. Fingers crossed and hope to heal completely soon!

Just to give you a small background, I had acid reflux (silent reflux) starting last Oct (2014). I had never had acid reflux in my entire life, I am 28yrs old. Not once. And then this suddenly started. I have reflux day in day out. I panicked and underwent terrible stress. I tried all sorts of natural remedies. Nothing worked. I was scared of taking PPI after reading about side effects on the internet. A naturopath misdiagnosed me with candida (I think they over diagnoze candida infections) and put me on an anti candida diet. I lost more than 20lbs (which I didnt need to) and felt worse after 2 months on the diet. I looked thin, was terribly sick and I thought my life was over. Sometime during this period, I guess I developed the gastritis as well although blood tests and stool test for hpylori kept coming back negative. 

I needed a break. I went home to India. Went to my family doctor, got myself checked by a GI. Had ultrasounds, CT scans (they thought it was my gallbladder initially), blood work and gastroscopy. Ultimately they diagnosed me with gastritis due to Hpylori (positive through gastroscopy), acid reflux (LPR) and vitamin D deficiency.

I took the triple therapy for Hpylori and and PPI's. I took injections and soft gels for the Vitamin D. I guess the pylori is gone as I started feeling better after taking antibiotics but the gastritis was still there. So i continued the PPI's and swithced to a low fat diet. No milk and dairy except lots of homemade yoghurt. I started feeling better but not completely. I would still have lot of bad days and few good days.

Last week I decided to do the cabbage juice. I did 4 cups of cabbage & carrot juice a day for 6 days and I can make out a huge difference now!I havent had stomach pains in 3 days, not even after eating. i even went out to a nearby restaurant and had a buffet, Nothing, no pain, very few burps. Also, the acid reflux suddenly came down. I am happy to report I am almost feeling normal. 

I am not cured completely but I wish I had continued the cabbage juice for another week. But I couldnt drink it anymore smile

The cabbage juice did cause me to feel a bit tired and crappy (maybe because it is known to affect the thyroid) and cuased some gas. But I persisted. I thought if I continue to feel worse I would give up the treatment but after 3 days I started to slowly feel better. Now I am left with a bit of post nasal drip sometimes in the afternoon(reminding me of the reflux but much better than before). But other than that, mostly feeling better. Will wait for a week and update again on the forum!

So guys, go ahead and try this if you think you can tolerate drinking cabbage juice and if you do not have any thyroid issues!

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't have a juicer. Can I use the blender? How much do I drink a day n can I mix it with any other vegetables?
  • Posted

Hello sisrivinay, ive heard you have jamie koufmans low acid cook book, can you help me by sharing to me. I cant purchase it online since i am too far from US. Need badly help to ease me of my reflux, at first it was gastritis then h pylori, now endoscopy says h pylori gone after triple therapy but my gut flora balance needs to be re instired to its original that why i am taking probiotic pill from biovea. Experiencing lump in my throat everytime i intake acidic food, i am now taking cabbage and carrot juice once a day before my meal. It do good aside from creating bloating, ive read in kaufmans forum that to eliminate the acid in the throat and the esophagus we must atleast not feed the pepsin present our throat acidic foids, that is why when i see that you have jaufmans cookbook i did not hesitate to drop you a message, i do hope you will help me. 
    • Posted

I have Kaufman book, you can send your email, let me send it to you.

• Edited

Hi sirivinay. Cabbage has Vitamin U(A.K.A S-methylmethionine(MMSC)) and  Vitamin K.

they recover damaged stomach cells and enhance its ability to resist gastric acid.

Dr. Garnet Cheney tested cabbage juice drops with lab mices with severe cases of gastric ulcer. Gastric ulcer was completed gone after few days/drops.

After human trials, 95% of patients were healed after 3 weeks of consumption.

but Cabbage juice can damage thyroid because it discharges iode.

Must consume iode supplement with cabbage juice.

• Posted

HI SIRIVIN

my ten yr daughter is suffering cronic gastritis hpylori. Do you take the cabbage juice with the fibre or just the juice without the fibre.

Tqvm in advance

desperate mother

• Posted

please, did you blend the carrot and the cabbage together?

I have been suffering from Acid reflux for few months now and I can't even take care of my kids well.

thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.