calcium for cfs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried calcium supps for cfs , recent research say that we a have imparied calcium ions and lack of abilty to draw it into the cell , i dont know if taking a supp might help , but im going to try it! <3 Guava

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well... it's not calcium, but after having CFS/ME for about 11 years now, I've been using a B12 oral spray and a liquid iron supplmement (iron rich water) for the last 2-3 months and I've noticed a small improvement in my energy levels. So I'd give them both a try if you haven't already.

• Posted

Thanks Sockpim , yes im a little stronger when eating chicken and on my iron supp , ill look into the b12 spray , id love to be vegetarian for spiritual reasons but im eating some chicken and fish atm, Great news for You <3

• Posted

Yes I’m Mostly vegetarian but have gone back to meat and fish for now . We need all the protein we can get ! 

• Posted

Hi Guava,

I know you can get B12 pills, but I'd recommend the spray as B12 is apparently water soluble (can't be absorbed in pill form very well). Also, do you mind me asking if you'd like to be a vegetarian, why you aren't?

PS lori93950, you can get all the protein you need very easily as a vegetarian.

• Posted

Yes you can but I have Epstein Barr with chronic fatigue so I need to do the minimum as I have no energy and being vegetarian takes a lot of preparation ( I make all my own food including veggie burgers ) . I’m doing the best I can right now but feel my body needs the extra protein in order to get better . 
    • Posted

Hi Sockpim , ok thanks b vits tend to speed me out though, so id have to be careful! I have severe food intolerances , and can eat only 8 foods , yes i know all about how to be vego , but can only eat 2 veges , no fruit , no legumes, i do the best i can , thanks thinking of me <3 Guava

• Posted

Hi Lori , yes it feels that way <3 Guava

• Posted

Yes they used to make me hyper but now I think we really need the b12 especially if you’re taking iodine which I am .  Seeing as I’m fatigued most of the time then maybe they’ll give me some energy.
    • Posted

That's a shame Guava... you mind me asking what eight foods you can eat?

lori93950, I'm sorry you've got Epstein Barr and if you want to eat meat, that's your choice, but you really can get enough protein as a vegetarian if you want to. You can get pasta made of beans, which is super rich in protein or take vegetarian/vegan protein shakes etc.

• Posted

Yes I’m doing 90 % veg and fruit but sometimes I just feel I need some meat . Only every once in a while and seeing as I’m not working out now maybe don’t need it as much .
    • Posted

Hey Sockpim, Yes i can eat eggs , goatmilk, brown basmati rice, choko, green beans, special K cereal, butter, chicken , and I can eat Nice biscuits but no other , and no crackers , cant even bake with flour eggs butter , never works , Im very brnd specific it seems , can have white sugar and celtic sea salt , not raw sugar though as its Salicicylates , which is all fruit , veges , nuts , oh have had a breakthrough recently and can now eat roasted  cashews , they mainly just make me fat lol , but so Thankful for something extra, unfortunately no legumes , legume flours , make me so sick , im Ok about the chicken now again

, I always give Thanks and blessings for it profusely <3 Guava

• Posted

What process did you go through to ever get down to only eight foods?
    • Posted

Hi Sockpim , it started when i was a teen , the allergies are in the family and just got gradually worse, stress makes it worse , and ive been through alot of that , believe me the pain of eating out of those things is not worth it,whole body pain and many different and varied symptoms and so im very lucky really with what i have, alot worse off than me, working at keeping low stress <3 Guava

• Posted

Wow that must be so tough on you but at least you know what works and what doesn’t now .

And yes the stress thing is so hard to control I wake up wired sometimes and can’t get back to sleep 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.