Calf pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

a question for my knee replacement friends. I'm three weeks out second knee, it seems so much slower than the last one. Have real constriction at back of knee and a lot of calf pain, I didn't have this before to this extent, presume I keep exercising through the pain or will this make it worse or rest it for a few days so hopefully settle down, not sleeping because of it. Advice will be gratefully received .😀

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jackie I am three weeks post second  TKR. I had my first 9 months on other knee. I have the same problem pain in calf and swelling behind knee that stops the bend. I can’t take anti inflammatory tabs and have started using a gel. I rub it into the back of the knee and never near the scar. It really helps. I was worried DVT Jenny, physio said due to new alignment in leg and calf muscle needs lots of stretching. It happened last time and I ended up doing hydrotherapy every other day which really helped. A little patience and lots of stretching needed. I am also worried about bend but it’s a marathon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.