Calling any Post Lapidus survivors x

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been following other users of this site who have had their operations.  I saw my consultant, a podiatric surgeon, who has said at my age of 70 my bones are in good shape but as to the severity of my bunion he will use the Lapidus procedure and operate on the other two toes that are now hammer toes.  (My right foot is not as severe but will need to be done.)

So I am still wonderting about who to let loose on my feet a podiatric surgeon or orthpodec (with an interest in feet and ankle) surgeon. 

Are there any of you out there who have been happy with the results and have no regrets?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well - surgery date 16 July - so getting last minute 'wobbles'.  Have decided to go ahead, if I am going to, whether Canadian family stopping or not in August sometime.

BUT - have started being silly and reading articles on procedures, complications, etc, etc.  I think because I have no pain - just problems with shoes but my deformity is worse than your photos on here, it makes me think what am I doing?  BUT - given my age it would be stupid to wait any longer........

At the consultaion I did ask the surgeon what the chances are of my foot deformity becoming worse and he said 100% particularly given family history of bunions.

So it is good to 'talk out aloud' to other survivors.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.