Calling PMR/GCA people in Cornwall!

Posted , 4 users are following.

On the HealthUnlocked forum there are a few ladies who are getting together and looking for other PMR/GCA people in Cornwall, hoping to start a support group. I know there are people on here from Cornwall - are you also over there on HU with different names? If not - would you like to join them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eileen, very interesting! I'll hop onto HU website straight away. Regards, christina 
  • Posted

For anyone else - the thread is called "diagnosed-pmr-beginning-of-may-2015" and it is towards the end that the discussion about support groups happens. Never occurred to me to say the thread name - sorry! I struggled to find it again and I knew what I was looking for!!!
  • Posted

I will have a look see, we may have some contacts in Cornwall.

I know there is a group operating in Plymouth.

• Posted

The lady on HU has been in contact with Plymouth I think - looking for real Cornish cream now ;-)
  • Posted

1. hi i am jackie been diagnosed with gca in may 2021 i am looking for people in cornwall also plymouth who have this condition and are there any local groups thankyou .
    • Posted

This forum is practically defunct due to changes in the format making it next to impossible to use. Please come over to the PMRGCAuk forum on HealthUnlocked

https://healthunlocked.com/pmrgcauk

where you have the chance to meet something like 4000 active registered members including several in the southwest of England. PMRGCAuk does have a support group there normally but they may only be meeting with video at present because of Covid - some are, some aren't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.