Calmer in the evening?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I always feel 10 times better at night, not back to normal but a lot more able to look at things more positively... Sometimes I stay up so late because I like feeling like this and I know that in the morning bam! The depression and anxiety hits me full force and most of my day is a struggle does anybody else feel at ease in the evening? Sometimes I naively think that this feeling is going to carry on to the next day and I start to make plans of things I'm going to do the next day only when the time comes I'm unable to do anything. It wish it could be night time all day and every day 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I specifically googled this exact feeling- dreading the morning and finding a little bit of solice and better mood at night- I don't know why this is the way it is- I was on cymbalta for 3 years- quit cold turkey and depression came back with a vengeance recently so my psychiatrist put me on trintellix- I'm only 9 pills in and am praying every day they work- I hate this I wanna just not wake up sometimes and the sad thing is I have things and people to live for..... So I feel your pain.... I'm also going through opiate withdrawals so I'm sure that's adding to these feelings.... I just need help!

• Posted

It's a tough way to live, Kelly.  Anti-depressants have worked for me before, but I'm on my third now with no results.  The disheartening thing is that some days you feel you're on your way back, then the next day you feel like crap again.  I've been to Psychiatrist before, and all that they did was prescribe medication.  I've been going through my GP this time, but i might have to switch.  Hang in there for the people who love you.  That keeps me going.  I don't think of myself as a loser.  I'm just a shadow of myself in a fog of despair.  Let me know how the Trintellix work.. i saw the commercial recently.

• Posted

Hi guys, any updates as I am exactly the same, terrible deep dark depression and anxiety in mornings, most days lifts in afternoon late evening.

Worst place I've been in 20 years of suffering.

I'm on 30mg mirtazapine and diazpam when needed.

Has this got better for anyone else

• Posted

Life has changef gor the better for me. New doctor put me on Rexulti at bedtime for morning anxiety along with regular Prozac dose in morning. Felt better in a few days. Feel at my best now. Weaned off of Rexulti. I encourage you to look into this. Hope things get better for you.
  • Posted

I just found this topic and it really hit home for me. I feel the exact same way! I want to be back to normal so bad and am having a hard time on the daily. I don't want nights to end.

• Posted

Sue I'm not any better, I'm struggling big time. I look forward to evenings so much. I went to have my blood pressure and pulse checked today and my heart rate is always around 100 bpm. I can't keep myself calm. I don't know what else to do. I think I just need someone to talk to really. I am a mess and it's making life terrible right now. 

• Posted

I read your post and it really hit home with me. I sit here during the day and think and think and think. At night I am so much more calm...I don't understand why it literally is night and day difference. I can't get through the day without struggling. There is just so much that goes through my head. I'm struggling and it was nice to see this post and know I'm not crazy.

• Posted

I am the same exact way. Days are awful. Feel normal at night.
  • Posted

The mornings are so hard. I also feel sick and weak in my stomach. Can’t eat anything. I read that the gut and depression are related. I always feel better at night because nothing is expected of me and I’m more relaxed. 
    • Posted

I am feeling worse in mornings, very agitated.  Better a bit by evening. Psych says its anxiety not depression. Have tried many anti deps but no better. He says way forward is cbt. I just feel awful. Any help for mornings?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.