Calmer in the evening?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I always feel 10 times better at night, not back to normal but a lot more able to look at things more positively... Sometimes I stay up so late because I like feeling like this and I know that in the morning bam! The depression and anxiety hits me full force and most of my day is a struggle does anybody else feel at ease in the evening? Sometimes I naively think that this feeling is going to carry on to the next day and I start to make plans of things I'm going to do the next day only when the time comes I'm unable to do anything. It wish it could be night time all day and every day 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I've just started to feel this way the previous weeks just really depressed and not hopeful at all, could me starting to feel better at night mean I'm usually getting better since I use to cry and feel depressed throughout the day? Here's what I'm going through,  I'm 26 years old and lonely I have a son which because of my depression I haven't been a great mom to these last few weeks, I'm constantly having suicidal thoughts, I just never felt loved , everyone around me uses me to their own benefit but I have nobody when I need help. My family does not act like family. My sons father recently revealed to me that he loves another woman and that this is the person he's going to spend the rest of his life with but he also tells me that he loves me, I don't know why I still love him and he has never treated me right, for the most part he's been physically abusive and emotionally abusive I don't have much so he tries to belittle me I feel purposely because his new girlfriend has money and he does as well at least they have more than me. I'm a good mother I never let my son go without I'm just so tired of letting other ppl use me because I care so much but no one really cares about me, I have friends at least I thought I did but they don't care to hear what I'm going through, I tried talking to someone last night about the way I'm feeling because I'm in desperate need of help and they said they would call me but never did I'm so lonely and confused I don't drink or smoke I have nothing to help me cope. I know I have to do better for my son but that seems impossible right now I don't want to live it seems like it's never going to get better 

• Posted

Hi cherry49052

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

hi Cherry, 

I don’t usually read the posts when I get an e-mail to tell me someone commented on a discussion I am following but I am glad I did this time as it sounds like you need some support! 

Thank you for reaching out and welldone. It’s not easy, I know. I want to say that it’s great that you are feeling a bit better at night whereas you used to be crying all day. That does sound like a step in the right direction for me. biggrin I tend to feel worse in the mornings too - tough to drag myself out of bed. . . It sounds like you are a caring and loving mother. You clearly do your best to put your child first. Welldone.

Your ex-boyfriend does not sound good for you. Perhaps you can try and limit contact or limit discussion to talking about when he will see your son only so you don’t have the negative input from him. (That is if he is the father I guess.) 

Have you seen a doctor or a therapist?? I really feel like both or at least going to see one could be a great help for you. If it is financially difficult, I am sure there are options for free you could explore for counselling/therapy. Try searching the area where you live and “free counselling” or “free group support” or similar. If you explain your situation and how badly this is affecting you and that you are concerned about how your condition is affecting your son,  I am sure this would help you get an appointment much quicker. 

Exercise, good diet and good sleep hygiene will help too. 

Perhaps you could try calling your friend? Maybe they did not realise how bad you are feeling and forgot to call. It is important for you to have support. Sometimes when we are depressed we can listen to our negative thoyghts and stop trusting our friends or avoid them because we think we will bring them down. Try to be aware of this and make an effort to surround yourself with support. However, you need to think of whats best for you and you know your situation better than I do so if you know 100% that your friends don’t want to know, then perhaps it is best not to contact them in case their response hurts you. Just do try to be aware of not letting the negative voice inside cut you off from friends who have been there for you all along in the past. 

Know that you are not alone. The site moderators made a good suggestion of talking to Samaritans. I call them every now and then. It is nice to have non-judgmental anonymous support. 

Wishing you all the best and sending love. Please keep going on and get help. 

Agirl xxx

• Posted

Hi Jen. How are you doing? I know you wrote this a few years ago but it seems like we have the same problem. I’m not sure if you’re even around anymore but if you are reach out to me. Thank you
  • Posted

Hey,

My anxiety is horrific during the day but seems to settle by 630-7pm. It’s interfering with my day to day activities and I can’t seem to be doing much of anything. I’m borderline depressed. Will this feeling ever pass, will this anxiety ever go?? I’ve had a major life changing even recently so may be suffering from trauma too. But I sometimes can’t lift my head off the pillow during the day. I need help. Someone please guide me. 

By evenings I feel better. Am on Cipralex 10mg for the last 19 days. Symptoms just a little better but days are horrific and this seems never ending. 

• Posted

Jen,

Did it get better with time?? I’m experiencing the same and want to know how you coped? What happened? Because my anxiety/depression during the day is awful. And by 7 pm I feel just a little more in control. 

• Posted

You got that right! I'm an old lady, and I don't think it's ever going to go away. Doctors are dumb about this, so I'm going to find a Shaman. I know of one here in Alabama, but so far have not been able to reach him. I will keep trying. I will post my findings. Thank you, Joyce.

• Posted

Hey! I know exactly what you mean. I am an old lady, and I really don't want to live the rest of my life like this. Thank you, and please keep in touch.

Joyce

and God Bless

• Posted

When I attended a DBT group the therapist said it's very common for depressed people to feel better at night. I have personally experienced this, I think it's because when you sleep the thoughts are silent and our bodies repair itself by sleeping.

• Posted

I have been suffering with the worst anxiety I have ever had. Crippling where I have no peace to do anything or go anywhere. No motivation just worry and depression. As soon as the sun sets my anxiety lessens to various degrees. Sometimes it's just about completely gone and I feel like I'm healed and tomorrow will be better. But I wake up to the same crippling anxiety. Recently started taking welbutrin. Day 7 or 8 right now. No big changes. This life is so difficult to go through. Steals everything from us and our families and spouses. My wife would love to go to a local dance hall tonight and I just don't have it in me to go. As the night progresses I'll get various degrees of better. Some nights better than others. God help us all. Why do I have to be inflicted so badly with this. Sigh.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.