Came of Statins 3 nights ago

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have only been off the Statins for 3 days and already the pains in both knees has eased up..especialy where my right knee is concerned...it was excruciating. .I am seeing a different doctor next Monday as I came off the Statins after having blood results that showed diabetes and I've had vertigo headaches pains in my joints especialy knees night sweats etc...basically all the symtoms that are mentioned as side affects...I am pretty gobsmacked to be honest...as I went on these due to heart problems..history in family and got admitted for angina attack...my faith in docs has gone out of the window as my blood pressure was quite low and I was prescribed another low dose to still bring my blood pressure down...only to be rang by doc not to take them...ime totaly confused at the moment...I just want to know what's going on.regards Carol

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi carol,type 2 diabetes has ben linked to statins. Since taking them he has nueropathy of both feet,very low testosterone, and type 2 diabetes,coures who can prove its statin induced,we are thinking it is.
    • Posted

I was referring to my husband. I got off statins,major muscle and nueropathy symptoms,i felt 30 years older on them.
  • Posted

Hi Carol - good on you! I took statins without question and spiralled into a plethora of ill effects - leg pains, inflamed liver, memory loss, type 2 diabetes, fainting spells - the list goes on. After 2 years someone alerted me as to how poisoness they were and I started researching. Shock and horror! Threw the pills away and the doctor too! It has been a year and I am rid of most all those effects. It is outrageous how the doctors play dumb about effects manifesting front of them as the patient deteriorates, blaming what the patient is doing and denying any link to statins. Hang in there and stick to your guns. Things will improve - you are not alone.
    • Posted

Thankyou Wayne for your reassuring words..ime also sorry you have had to go through so much as a result of taking Statins. .it's quite obvious from all the posts encluding your own that these Statins are the cause I have no doubt in my mind now...thankyou once again for your comments

• Posted

Unfortunately I was on them for about 7 years and developed the same plethora of side effects. I have been off the for 2 years and still not a lot better. I'm so over Dr's because of course it's a media beat up and don't believe everything you read on the internet or that people tell you!

• Posted

I also had episodes of vertigo,i didnt get ill affects from them for over a year,then bam. I had sooo many wierd symptoms I would lie in bed at night and cry,at first i honestly thought i could be dieing,sounds dramatic,but i had unexplained cold chills that ran all the way from my head down my back,tinglingling arms and legs,even some on my face. Blood pressure cuff would make my arm turn numb. My purse felt to heavy,i quit pushing grocery carts,vacumeing etc as my muscles got so weak. I still doubt my doc really thinks it was the statins,but after a few months of being off them,i felt better,took me several years,but all symptoms are gone. Husband still taking them. He had a heart attack,so its a catch 22 as dont know if he dare quit,however if his symptoms get any worse,will probably be first course of action. His doc wont admit to the side affects.
    • Posted

Ime sorry to hear you have had all these problems but I totaly understand as have had all these symtoms and although I went into hospital with angina I have chose to stop them as ime having a lot more other horrific symtoms going on...in no way am I saying to stop them to anyone till seen by doc. ..this is my own personal choice ..kind regards wish you the very best
  • Posted

Hi Carol...you are the first Ive heard mention about night sweats....my husband has been off statins for 5 years his memory is terrible and he has night sweats....his bed covers are soaked every morning ...he always feels so cold....now I'm wondering if the statins could have caused that too....I was also on statins and stopped them about 5 years ago my blood test showed diabetes too.....but they don't now...and I eat what I want....I also have terrible pain in one foot across the top and burning underneath.....this started recently.....makes me wonder if the effects of statins still continue long after you stop taking them...

• Posted

Oh sorry to hear you have also had effects from the Statins. ..I've had all symtoms mentioned in this forum..my memory is all over the place the doctor also put that down to menapause which is over now...so it isn't that...fobbed off all the time...it just isnt good enough hey..

• Posted

I have found that after a few months of taking 300gm (2 tablets a day) of CoQ10 my memory has improved
  • Posted

I seen a report on the BBC news this morning saying that there is little evidence to support the side effects that some patients have when they take statin.. I suggest the author of that report reads the many discussions on this forum and perhaps he/she would have second thoughts. Over the last 3 years I have been prescribed a low dose of different statins. I have had side effects from each, particularly pains in my thighs/knees/achilees tendon/vertigo. After stopping statins about a year ago, I still have some pains but to a much lesser extent.  It's probably a risk stopping statin but it seems to me a much greater risk to some patients who take statin who have suffered serious side effects. Why doesn't the people who write these reports have a look at this forum?????

• Posted

powerwalker.... I've just been watching this on the news too...are they trying to brainwash people into taking them????  Too many people have too many terrible side effects that last ..making life hell...your own body tells you what's right or wrong ....

• Posted

I believe they are trying to market statin and dont want to listen to those who suffer as a result of taking it.
    • Posted

well ..gone are the days when we obediently take what's prescribed for us without question....ALL THANKS TO STATINS.....

• Posted

I alwso saw a report on the news the other night. i felt like throwing something at the TV. He only mentioned side effects from a control test group. There is no where for the general public to report their symptoms. I think was made me the angriest was the fact he said only a small percentage developed diabetes from taking them. well in my opinion one person getting diabetes from a supposedly life saving medication is just one to many. I was furious
    • Posted

I totaly agree Jane...diabetes can cause heart attacks strokes and loss of limbs....I'll take my chances with cholesterol....no amount of persuasion or discussions could make me go back to taking statins

• Posted

These so called experts have, in my opinion, an agenda which is probably financially befeficial (to them). I agree with you that one person getting diabetes is one too many. There has been loads of posts on this forum debating statins and their side effects. In most cases the comments have been detremental so why don't these "experts" LISTEN to the patients whose lives have been screw up by taking this horrible medication.

• Posted

It's a bit like what's the difference between God and a Dr. God doesn't think he's a Dr, that's why they don't listen to you

• Posted

I absolutely agree.  I heard the news reports and saw the newspaper headlines as well.  I am not in the slightest surprised because of the reports a while ago that so many people had stopped taking their statins due to the side effects.  The pharmasutical companies and all their rich investors must have been wetting themselves at the prospect of falling share values.  This whole thing about statins is a plot by the British government to reduce the 'ageing' population thereby making way for ever increasing imports of young poorly paid workers from Europe.  According to them all the problems with the NHS are our fault for living too long.

• Posted

It's not only the British gov't the Australian gov't is in on it to and definitely the US. I also wonder about the rising cases of dementia and alzheimers? Are they statin related

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.