Came of Statins 3 nights ago

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have only been off the Statins for 3 days and already the pains in both knees has eased up..especialy where my right knee is concerned...it was excruciating. .I am seeing a different doctor next Monday as I came off the Statins after having blood results that showed diabetes and I've had vertigo headaches pains in my joints especialy knees night sweats etc...basically all the symtoms that are mentioned as side affects...I am pretty gobsmacked to be honest...as I went on these due to heart problems..history in family and got admitted for angina attack...my faith in docs has gone out of the window as my blood pressure was quite low and I was prescribed another low dose to still bring my blood pressure down...only to be rang by doc not to take them...ime totaly confused at the moment...I just want to know what's going on.regards Carol

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good for you!  Best thing to do is flush them down the bog.  My doctor suggested them for me a couple of years ago.  I felt really bad with them, memory loss and genreal deprission.  I didn't have muscle pain but that was probably because I stopped them ater only a few weeks.  My sister, who is older than me, took them for longer and, because she was was suffering quite badly from musscle pains in her legs, was advised by the doctor to stop them and now is fine.  Doctors cover up for each other.  I know because we have two in the family and neither of them would give an honest answer.  Ask your doc if he or she takes them? 

• Posted

Hi Douglas,

I was on a statin for 6 weeks and then my memory started to go, then my vision would change, headaches followed along w vertigo and the Dr's said it couldn't be the statins. I tried allergy meds thinking maybe it was that and continued on for another 4 to 5 months w same symptoms. Had an MRI of the head because we thought it could be a brain tumor, Dr's ordered it because they refused to believe a statin could have these side effects. Mri was negative and I said screw this I'm quitting the meds all together and sure enough it all got better but it took at least 6 weeks before it started to get better and now it's been 9 weeks and I'm still seeing improvement. It's definitely the statin and I won't be on them ever again. I just hope I continue to improve as I still have some balance issues..

• Posted

It would be interesting to hear what a pharmacist knows about statins

• Posted

Hi Carol. I had an Aortic valve replacement in 2003 and was later put on Simvastatins. Since then I have had awful Bad Backs..at one point I was taking Oramorph.. it was so awful. About 3 weeks ago I missed a couple of nights of taking them before bed (advised) and I began to feel better.

So I stopped taking them and I spent Yesterday (Sunday) clearing Brambles from the garden. I was tired because I am not used to such work nowadays however I have had no pain recurrence. I feel like new!!!!!

I believe they may well be good in the long term so I shall take them again or until the back aches return.

What irritates me is that no one said stop taking them for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.