Camping trip went bad :-(

Posted , 11 users are following.

So I went camping over the weekend and got there Friday afternoon. Stayed over night and half of the next day and had to say I was sick and left a day early.  I could smell my odor and others smelt it passing in the wind. Was with some people I met for the first time ever. And I just couldn’t take the anxiety anymore.... it’s horrible I can’t even enjoy my life anymore because of this. Just wanted to update you all... and this balance complex I am going to try next when I get paid next Friday. I have spent so much money on products, nothing works... I hope the FDA approves this new gel to cure the BV! I am so exhausted from living like this. :”( 

Wish my discussion could be more positive, but that isn’t the case at all. 

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Laura , I'm so sorry that this happened to you . I wish we women didn't ever have to go through this . Before purchasing the v b complex , maybe you could possibly give the vitamin c with rosehips a try? They're less money right now and very effective. Not guaranteeing a cure BUT a relief ..

• Posted

Hello Nancy 

I literally have just enough cash to get myself to and from work and to feed me and my daughter, the rest of the week. Or I would go purchase the rosehips with Vitamin C.  :”( everything is so depressing. This only makes me feel that much worse. I tried taking a little trip for myself and that failed... 

• Posted

Oh Laura.. Im so sorry. The bicarb took my smell away but Iv got a bad allergy to someth so Iv basically got hives in my vagina and on my lips.

Have they cultured ur bv?? Is it gardnerella or??

• Posted

Dawn,

Thank you and I’m Not sure what type it is but I always test positive for BV and it is chronic. It hasn’t gone away at all for almost two years now. I am so upset I cannot take this. 

• Posted

I'm quite confused... I didnt know such a thing existed... If you test positive for a bug then they give you meds to treat. Did they not identify the bug... You need a name. In my natural health experience, it sounds like the flora of your vagina is the issue. I'm just checking, ur on probiotics, you alkalize using lemon juice, (fresh), once a day. You don't use feminine health products, bubble bath etc, you avoid wine and sugar like the plague, ur douching with the bicarb only??,

• Posted

I had a similar thing about 7 years ago but I'd picked up proteus in my urethra... I was on antibiotics non stop for almost two and a half years. But it was awful... I had a scratching itching burning in my urethra.. Which caused your symptoms ongoing ly. Have they checked for allergies or that it's not some wierd bug causing it??

• Posted

Hi Laura, let me just say I feel your pain and I'm sorry. I've had bv for about two years myself I replied to another lady on here and I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote. It is important to know what type of bv you have or you'll never be cured.

• Posted

Fran,

I have to go back to my Gyno again soon and get tested for BV again. I went so many times and just got antibiotics or gel, or vaginal antibiotic. It never seemed to work for me, and I took a break for a while from the Gyno. But now I am going to take a day off of work and make an appt. because something isn’t right.. it’s getting worse and worse. Nothing has changed, my diet is still clean, I drink lots of water, I take probiotics, I do not have sex, I wear cotton only and I sleep at night with no clothes at all. I am starting to think I have BV and a yeast infection as well... ugh !! It is so frustrating! 

• Posted

Dawn,

Not sure what kind it is and I’ve been too busy at work to take a day off to go in for another appt. I am going to make the time sometime next week though. And I am going to see what type it is. The dr told me before it was BV and made it seem like that’s the only type. If there are different types I’d like to know as I’m sure different types call for different remedies. 

• Posted

hey, 

I've had BV for about 6 years. It sucks. 

I mean, it doesn't just suck- it's a s****y s****y life altering hard reality. 

I've arrived at the conclusion that there is no cure. 

but i can tell you how to avoid a smelly camping trip again. I feel you girl that is so lame. it's humiliating. BUT there other things out there that are worse even still. 

anyway I'm going to get to it. 

you need these:

https://www.amazon.com/pH-D-Feminine-Health-Support-Suppositories/dp/B01KGFXSLQ?th=1

you stick one up inside yourself overnight. they will instantly reset you. sometimes you might need to do two or three nights in a row. you may need to wear a pad. 

you need to be taking probiotics very single day. you could also need vitamin zinc, Vitamin D-- 

avoid sugar- remember your body processes alcohol as sugar this is all stuff that will feed the BV. 

you need to take in consideration what your using during menstruation there are harmful chemicals in tampons and pads that aren't natural. 

also you period will change your PH be ready with boric acid suppositories after. sex will change you PH too. 

sleep without underwear on. don't wear skin tight bottoms too often. it needs to breath. 

i am not cured but I'm successfully keeping gross symptoms at bay. 

I've lamented to many OBGy N's that if men had stinky discharge coming out of their dicks and causing them pain during intercourse there sure as s**t would be a cure by now. 

and one last thing keep your chin up. everyone has something about their body or mind  thats different or hard or a pain and don't let this bullshit BV drag you down. so many, many of us have it now. 

• Posted

Stacy,

Thank you for the info. ! I appreciate it all. I also agree, I don’t think there is a cure.. some have a very aggressive form of it like myself. and some seem to be able to get it to go away for months at a time. Mine has never really gone away since having a new partner a few months back.. and I haven’t had sex since. I can’t its just too embarrassing. I don’t sleep with underwear and when I get my period it comes back full force. I am taking a probiotic and vitamin d each day. I also drink a lot of water. I am going to try taking a lukewarm water/baking soda bath and see if it helps. I’ve heard good things about it. I have tried everything else possible including home remedies and medications prescribed.. ugh it’s so hard to live like this.. so embarrassing and people think it’s just bad hygiene when I wash myself every day! I also change my underwear between jobs (I am a maid and have two houses per day to clean). I am getting so emotional... I can’t even go on a date or go out in public without a stench.. and in a car it’s very noticeable as well.. SOO many women have this and are fighting.. I hope a cure comes out soon. We all deserve Peace! 

Have a nice night. 

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I'm really sorry to hear the issues you are going through.

I have managed to b bv free for 8 months already n it feels so good. I took the antibiotics n once it was gone I stopped using panty liners. This was causing the bacteria to breed n to continue causing me trouble. Now i only use cotton undies n no liners at all n the bacteria is gone. The dr explained that even if I use cotton liners n change them constantly the bacteria breeds because of the plastic liners have n it makes sense, if my privates can't breath. Dont spend money just kill the bacteria with the antibiotics n get rid of the liners n take probiotics n u should b fine. Also I don't use undies to go to bed. I let my privates breath when I go to bed. N this has worked wonders. Try it, out won't cost u n it worked for me...

Good luck

• Posted

Soraya,

Thank you for the advice, I do take probiotics twice a day. I have taken antibiotics prescribed by my Gynecologist. They fight off the good and bad bacteria which left my body to have more of the bad than good. I also wear cotton undies during the day and sleep without underwear at night. I am going to stop wearing thin pantyliners and see how that works. I have tried it all, except baking soda bath and peroxide douche. I am going to try these two remedies next, something has GOT to give! I cannot live like this :”( 

And as far as sex goes that is non existent because if the odor.. it is so sad. 😩😢

• Posted

Pls stop wearing the liners n hopefully you will see an improvement. I suffered for over two yrs n took many antibiotics but after 3 months it will come back, it was driving me crazy. But as as soon as I stopped the liners it was gone...let me know how you go...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.