Camping trip went bad :-(

Posted , 11 users are following.

So I went camping over the weekend and got there Friday afternoon. Stayed over night and half of the next day and had to say I was sick and left a day early.  I could smell my odor and others smelt it passing in the wind. Was with some people I met for the first time ever. And I just couldn’t take the anxiety anymore.... it’s horrible I can’t even enjoy my life anymore because of this. Just wanted to update you all... and this balance complex I am going to try next when I get paid next Friday. I have spent so much money on products, nothing works... I hope the FDA approves this new gel to cure the BV! I am so exhausted from living like this. :”( 

Wish my discussion could be more positive, but that isn’t the case at all. 

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that your camping trip went bad. I recently learned and experience the benefits of prebotics. Prebotics helps your body make good bacteria. I used a prebiotic suppository last week, and it killed a lot of the bad bv causing bacteria. Now I'm adding more prebotics foods into my diet such as, flax seed, bananas, greens and ginger. I hope this helps. Although as of right now there isn't a cure for bv , I strongly believe having a holistic diet lessens the symptoms, and may elimant bv all to gather in time. Don't give up the fight we will beat this!

• Posted

Klo, 

I haven’t tried a probiotic suppository yet. Only tea tree oil suppository which helped a little but didn’t cure it. I do eat healthy, rarely any junk. I will have to add flax seeds and banana to my diet.  As far as greens and ginger I do get those in weekly.  What vaginal probiotic suppository do you recommend? 

• Posted

I was going to mention those too... I heard on the form of people making those ovules with coconut oil and probiotics
    • Posted

The brand is VH Essentials. I think it is a good brand. Since I've been using it and drinking more water I noticed a difference. Also whenever I get the feeling to pre, I pee. Don't hold your pre in for too long. I would say an hour the most.

• Posted

Klo, 

Thank you I’ll have to add it to my list of the ladybug few remedies I can try. I don’t want to try too many things at once so I know which works best. Best of luck to you! 

• Posted

Hey Laura sorry to hear that I was hoping it went well but do t give up the vitamins um taking so far seems like it’s give me good bacteria no   Itching burning or no bad smelling going on so I’ve been drinking a lot of water is well with the vitamins. I also dish once a week with pH balance it also comes with a pH jail in the package that refreshes the vagina so so far I’m feeling good about this I’m not giving up and I think you should try the vitamins  Acidophilus(probiotic) ,D3 5000iu,super Bcomplex You take once a day I’ve been taking them for two weeks and by now I would have been smelling or having a irritation and knock on wood so far I’ve been feeling good about this let me know what happens I think you should try them
    • Posted

Thank you tetame I am going to try  taking a different probiotic from the local health food store and take the D-3 5,000 daily.  I am so upset each night before bed and it’s the first thing on my mind in the morning and stays haunting me each day... I’m hoping for a miracle! Idk what else I can do. 
  • Posted

I’m 38 years old and have been struggling with BV since I was 17. It’s a horribly embarrassing problem and completely ruins self esteem and confidence. When I was young I had no idea how to combat it. The drs look at u like you’re filthy after you’re there a couple times with it, as if IT isn’t humiliating enough. There was no internet then, and no where to turn. As I got older and had more resources to look for cures and prevention, I realized different things work for different women and nothing that worked for everyone else worked for me! I finally, after spending years of recurring infections and more money than I can count found something that’s worked for me, and anyone else that suffered from BV that I led to it. And it was so simple and cheap. I got 30 boric acid suppositories from eBay for ten bucks, and a huge bag of baking soda from Sams Club. I washed my privates with baking soda, and used a boric acid suppository nightly. During this time I am also trying to eat yogurt with live cultures once daily and sometimes even took a drink of apple cider vinegar.  It worked so well that any time I develop a symptom I follow this regimen and it’s gone before it starts.  My oldest daughter also got BV regularly. This worked for her as well and also for a friend of mine who could not seem to get rid of it. I have trolled these forums for years reading what works for everyone else. I’ve never replied to anyone until now. Now I feel like I have something useful to say and I really hope that this works for someone else. It’s a pretty  Big deal because nothing ever worked for me. I’m going on almost two years now with no return. 
    • Posted

Wow! 😢 I’m sorry you have had to struggle with this for so long.. and That’s amazing that you found something that works! I have heard good things about baking soda. I am going to try this. In what form and measurement do you use the baking soda? Also, what brand or name do you get the baking soda I know you said EBay but is there a sellers name or brand I should look for? I ran out of them and the compounding pharmacy charges $30 for 10 ! So expensive... I don’t have a sams club membership so can I just buy baking soda at Walmart? Thanks so much for the reply! 

• Posted

I feel your pain 😩 I had bv for 2 years straight until here recently. Just when I thought there was no hope, I can say there actually is hope! I'm thinking I got mine from a new sexual partner two years ago. After my ex husband and I split I met this guy we were friends for a while then became more. slept together and boom bv hit me full force and there was no kicking it. I have been devastated for the last two years of my life. I had never had problems like this before so it puzzled me. I went to the Dr got checked and sure enough it was bv. I can't tell you how many trips I've taken to the Dr because of bv. Massive amounts of antibiotics, flagyl mostly and when I'd finish them it would come right back. I've searched the web and was at a place in my life to where I would literally try anything so I did just that. Every time I'd read something that worked for one woman I'd go try it. So here goes: hydrogen peroxide douches-rid of the smell but comes right back next day

Betadine douches-same results as peroxide

Pro and prebiotics-nothing. I still take a daily pro just to have healthy gut but done nothing for my CV

I've even inserted probiotics, vitamin c vaginally and my results where nothing

Yogurt and keifer milk douches-nothing

Acv douches-nothing

Baking soda washes-nothing

I take daily folic acid, vitamin c, vitamin d3, magnesium still didn't help but I still take them to get vitamins.

I have tried every home remedy you can think of and some masked the smell but the discharge was still there so I knew I wasn't cured. Last month I laid on my bathroom floor and just cried, praying to get some relief from this terrible bacteria that I just could not get rid of. I have been to the point to where I would not go any where, no sex, no nothing. I felt less of a woman every single day. But, about 3 weeks ago my family Dr referred me to a new gynecologist.I thought to myself I don't even know why I'm going. All they're gonna do is pump me full of bs pills and send me on my way like every other Dr has done. I really thought I was incurable and was going to have to live with this. So I chalked it up went on to my appointment. First of all this was a woman gyno. She done a pap and told me there's 4types of bv and if they don't test for it you'll never know how to treat it. Sobbing like a baby in my car I went on home after my appt. Two days later she called me and told me exactly what type of bacteria it was plus I had two types of yeast. I'd never thought I had a yeast infection I didn't have the symptoms. And i have a hormonal imbalance She called me in an antibiotic *clyndamicyn gel* vaginally for 7 days, diflucan, once a week for two months

Estrace hormone gel, vaginally twice a week for several months. Before this I had ordered some boric acid suppositories to try. I started the medication process (I had nothing to lose at this point) while taking the medication she prescribed I started the boric acid suppositories as well. I went back for a check up at my gyno she done another pap and I told her I felt like I still had it. She called me yesterday and said everything came back negative. I just sit and cried of happiness. It took a good three weeks to get rid of it.I've been batteling this mess for so long I'm just happy to have relief. I wanted to tell you my story in hopes it'll help you. Try the boric acid, don't be afraid to mention to your gyno you want to know exactly what type of bacteria bv it is so have him or her to check for it. My gyno also told me low estrogen levels can and will cause you to have bv she said the hormone gel she gave me is going to play a big part in my healing process. I know how miserable bv can make you. I promised myself if I'm too get cured in any way that I would share my story. There's more women going through this than we think. Positive vibes, and prayers to you. I hope this helps. I also used VH essentials from CVS pharmacy it really helped the smell but was not a cure.

• Posted

Fran,

Your story is exactly like mine! I have been to mu Gyno 1,000 times and she prescribed gel or antibiotics each time. It always came back, she never told me the type. Just said it was BV I am going to make an appt next week to get tested for which kind. This makes all the difference it sounds like. I am so tired of being embarrassed around co-workers, family and friends. What a horrible way to live! Hopefully when I come back again my Gyno will try to find a solution for my type of bacteria. I’m glad you found something that works! And yes I do think a lot go through the same, I just hope this goes away! I can’t live life worried about every single day because of odor 😞 thank u for your reply. 

• Posted

Hi Laura, I'm sympathizing with you if your story is the same as mine 😩 hang in there, there is hope I promise. I know how embarrassing it is to go anywhere. I'm pretty active and go to the gym daily and for two years I made sure I'd go to the bathroom every five minutes to clean myself just so someone wouldn't or couldn't smell me as I worked out. It is so aggravating 😣 I'm happy with my new gyno, she sympathized with me and seemed to want to get to the root of the problem for me. She didn't just treat my symptoms she went all in on testing and everything. So when you do go mention you want to know exactly what type of bv (you're the one paying your Dr) so don't be afraid to mention any and all testing. Also mention that you would like to be treated for low hormone levels. It's been about a week since I've been bv free and normally I'd know by now as my symptoms would return after two days. Oh, and another thing I think helped with getting my pH levels back on track was boricap suppositories. I ordered mine from boricap. Com they aren't expensive I think around $20.00. Please give them a try as well. If there's anything I can do to help you or any of you ladies please don't hesitate I am here for you ?

• Posted

Fran,

Thank you for the help! I will have to add these to my little list of new remedies I’m trying and try them soon. I know how you feel about having to freshen up, I have to keep perfume with me constantly wherever I go, in my purse and a small one that fits in a pocket or bra. For when I smell the odor coming on. It’s so draining.... I notice it gets worse when I drink coffee and alcohol so I stay away from those both as much as possible. And of course I rarely have sugar, as that spikes it. I literally have tried just about everything. Next step is finding out the type and balancing my Ph levels! Have a great weekend. 

• Posted

I know what ur going through I have had bv for over 3 years now. The odor is constant and horrible!!! I've literally tried everything u can think of. Nothing will get rid of the smell and doctors act like its not a big deal but their not the ones walking around like this. Its got me so depressed I hardly leave my house anymore. I stay embarrassed and nervous all the time. I don't know how much longer I can take this. My body and mind is so tiredat this point I don't know what else to do

• Posted

That's easier said than done especially when u have literally tried everything and nothing works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.