Can acid reflux cause you to also almost feel hungry mixed with nausea?

Posted , 19 users are following.

I'm 99% sure I've got acid reflux, but one thing I don't see people ever list as a symptom, is it almost feeling like you're starving mixed a little with nausea. It like with me, sometimes they take turns. I'll feel bad acid, then nausea mixed with its then acid with what feels like an empty hungry stomach.

Anyone else?

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am twenty and i have had really bad anxiety about it. i have GERD so i do think that's what it is. When i eat i get so full i want to barf and it hurts real bad. but after that passes i am met with extreme hunger like i will not be hungry but my body tells me i am. my stomach feels empty like if its starving. eating does not stop this but for some reason burping seems to be the only thing that helps. i also have nausea and have had to hold back throwing up after a meal, if any of you feel this way please let me know i have real bad health anxiety and i am scared.

• Posted

Hey its Zack again. i went to the hospital because at first i was hungry no matter what i ate, then i started feeling full and sick, turns out its acid reflux that was causing it, it was extreme acid build up making me hungry, i had sore throat, sour feeling, nausea and some more, including vomiting and being bloated, the pain was in my top abdomen, if you feel this way then it may be acid reflux (i had anxiety about it too)

• Posted

Its funny how over the last two days ive been going through that exact thing , I am glad to have run across this actually. I started out with really bad Acid Reflux and have been this way for at least a couple of years, having to have something constantly to ease it, but Rolaids,Tums , those Chally brand things only make me Nauseous. Im talking the " i HAVE to have some type Capsule , Pill , SOMETHING that lasts a long long time . Lately I have gone from feeling the Acid Reflux, to STARVING literally and feeling like im going to throw up all at the same time. I eat, and eat,then my stomach feels so full its misery , and i feel sick ,then within about 5 -6 minutes im starving and feel sick again , this has gone on all day and night for the past couple days. I thought it was just me ,that surely this cant be normal, but i cant stop it yet i cant stand the extreme hunger . I had been mixing Baking Soda and Water but got to the point It DID make me burp a couple times but then Id have to do it again and again. i have stopped that mix but now am at a loss for what to do now. The hunger has really been as bad as any of it and I feel sick right off and honestly I just want it all to stop .

• Posted

I was diagnosed with GERD -Gastro esophageal reflux disease. If i go without my 40mg of Nexium for a day, i have a flare up with insane hunger. I could have eaten an entire meal, a half hr later im STARVING, as if i havent eaten all day. Its so intense it will wake me from a dead

sleep.

• Posted

i have had these symptoms on & off for years. It was explained to me that the hunger is caused by there being excess acid in the stomach telling it to eat.

A few years ago I ended up in a&e after I collapsed when a duodenal ulcer burst.. i needed 2 blood transfusions. The only symptoms I had prior to the ulcer bursting were this constant hunger & salivating in my mouth.

I now take live friendly bacteria tablets (from health food store) daily & i take nexium (esomeprazole) for a few days if I notice any symptoms, especially around Christmas or when I know I am not eating & drinking as healthily as i should.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.