Can anxiety be really causing all this stuff?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Chest pain. Palpitations, muscle pains. Headaches, stinging pains around your chest that you think it's your heart Cuz it's near it, ants in your chest, muscle spasms and twitches around your body. The feeling of a weak heart? Feeling you can't breathe well, tiredness, agrivation, pain around or in your eyes. Ear aches. When you try to work out you can't because of the heart palpitations, tingling sensation. Should pain, there's many more. I don't know if stress can be causing all of this. I've had ECG's and blood work done. I'm going back in July for a follow up. They didnt find anything last time. But can anxiety really be causing all these symptoms. I feel like sometimes it cant be because of all the physical symptoms.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ive got all that right now and with me it is anxiety

Im having a really bad day

Lil

• Posted

Im sorry, Im experiencing these things as well. I had a really good 2 weeks and then yesterday all of a sudden I got them. For those 2 weeks I had minor symptoms that I knew was anxiety. Then yesterday it got worse and today it's the same. It's hard to believe it is anxiety because of all the pain. I've Googled symptoms and watched videos on YouTube and I think I've done more harm than good. If you ever wanna talk I'm here! I feel your pain. Hopefully it gets better through out the day.
  • Posted

I have all these symptoms too , I live in constant worry that it's something more , but I know when my meds are right that all these symptoms go away. It's like all the physical symptoms give me mental anxiety worrying I have something deeper wrong with me ... My heart also being a main worry, I don't drink or smoke and have done fitness my whole life , my GP said I've got like 1 in 200,000 chance of having a heart problem and it's the anxiety that's causing my thoughts and sensations.

You aren't alone in all of this with these symptoms.

• Posted

David, thanks for your response. And youre right all these physical symptoms does increase my anxiety. I'm not really taking any meds because my GP said my anxiety is not really bad. Which I agree but some days it's juts horrible. I have gone to a cardiologist and he said my chances of me having heart problems are slim to none. That still doesn't reassure me. I guess I think that I'm getting worse and I need reassurance again that I'm fine. Im happy I am not alone in this but not happy we all are having this to deal with.
    • Posted

surely the cardiologist saying that to you ought to reassure you - don't you trust medical experts?
  • Posted

Do any of you get random palpitations when your at rest? Sometimes my heart flutter for a few seconds but the other day it just sped up to 133bpm I had to call an ambulance they said it was anxiety rolleyes how?
    • Posted

Yes, I used to. It also caused me to go to the ER twice. I went to the doctor and he prescribed some meds and they are now gone. Have you gone to your PCP? If not I would go to get checked out Cuz it doesnt hurt to.
    • Posted

I have been checked yes it all boils down to anxiety they say, I've gone private and currently have a 7 day holter monitor on till Monday but it hasn't done it. I get the odd skipped beat which they say is ectopics and benign. I'm so scared as its my heart. I picked my daughter up and bam straight to 133bpm I honestly thought I would die, but I felt totally fine at the time and before it happened sad
    • Posted

Everyone gets ectopics, we just seem to notice them more because we constantly worry about our heart. So we are always hearing our heart and paying attention to it and we catch every little thing. I myself don't get skipped beats. I just get heart palpitations here and there. Heart palpitations are nothing to worry about either. Unless you have like history of heart problems in your family. But I bet you are fine if you have been checked out.
    • Posted

everyone gets random palpitations, every day, and when your heart rate was 133 why did you have to call an ambulace?
    • Posted

Because it wouldn't slow down, I was panicking a lot and just couldn't calm myself. I have worries about my heart so that happening out of nowhere really did scare me it went on for 20 minutes
    • Posted

but since you were panicking, of course your heart rate will stay up!

what worries do yo have with your heart?

• Posted

My heart was pounding so hard and fast it even worried my partner and he's seen me in some states before. I have skipped beats and although I've been told they are benign I am still terrified that I will die from it. What if I have a dangerous arrhythmia rolleyes I'm seeing a hypnotherapist Monday to try and sort my anxiety nothing else is working.
    • Posted

So you've been told they're benign.

In that case you won't die from it, will you?

You haven't got a dangerous arrhythmia - your test would have shown that up. so you can cross that off the worry list, too.

• Posted

Yup it actually just happened now! Watching tv and all the sudden it feels like my heart stops for a few seconds... Or a wave in my chest.... It happens to me occasionally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.