Can anxiety be really causing all this stuff?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Chest pain. Palpitations, muscle pains. Headaches, stinging pains around your chest that you think it's your heart Cuz it's near it, ants in your chest, muscle spasms and twitches around your body. The feeling of a weak heart? Feeling you can't breathe well, tiredness, agrivation, pain around or in your eyes. Ear aches. When you try to work out you can't because of the heart palpitations, tingling sensation. Should pain, there's many more. I don't know if stress can be causing all of this. I've had ECG's and blood work done. I'm going back in July for a follow up. They didnt find anything last time. But can anxiety really be causing all these symptoms. I feel like sometimes it cant be because of all the physical symptoms.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

YES. Its not run ofmill anxiety you are dealing with, it Panic. Chronic panic. Sensory overload most of the time. It runs the mind and the body down
    • Posted

Could it be chronic panic? I don't get these symptoms all at once. Or everyday but I get them here and yhere. Some weeks I'm fine and then all of sudden it comes. It's the worst.
    • Posted

Same. It seems to go in cycles. But in between the cycles it makes you start wondering whats going on. Its all exhausting isnt it 
    • Posted

It's weird how it comes in cycles with me too, I think I've cracked it and have a week totally fine then bang , horrendous anxiety for days and maybe weeks. I'm currently having fluttering of the heart sometimes when I lie down , it's very weird. It doesn't help I'm also feeling all the effects from hay fever making me fatigued amongst everything else.
    • Posted

Foreal, some weeks I'm totally fine and think I'm finally getting better. Then it comes out of nowhere and blind sides me. But I think we are fine. Some symptoms we are having are benign and have nothing to worry about but it's hard too because like you said physical symptoms just make it worse. And it's scary because it has to do with your heart. When in all reality it's anxiety causing this
    • Posted

That's why my life is so up and down , I train in the gym, start making good head way then BANG .. I start feeling anxious and warm and every symptom under the sun , I even got at one stage scared of eating thinking it was going to give me palpitations....it's a horrendous condition to have constantly living in fear because you can't actually live in the now from the fear of something being wrong with you and can't really look to plan things for the future because you can't focus on anything but the damn anxiety and the way it's making you feel of every min of every day.
    • Posted

I used to love running. Then I started having palpitations and chest pain or discomfort that feel like it's your heart. Since then I've been scared to. I slowly started doing moderate exercise but it hasn't been the same. I just wanna be normal again. It is a constant battle everyday day. Some days I wanna climb a mountain because I feel so good but anxiety stops me. Then other days I feel like crap and think I should have taken that advantage that day I was feeling good to go out. It is a constant battle.
    • Posted

It's like your living exactly the same life as me and thoughts , that's why I know it's anxiety.

I've battled long enough without meds so Monday I'm taking the plunge and starting sertraline 25mg (snapping 50mg tablet in half)

I need to try and get my life back, the way we are now is no way to go for the rest of our days as we only live once. I have such a zest for life but I'm plagued with this horrible condition.

• Posted

It's nice to know I am not alone. Right now I'm having cold sensations around my chest and stinging cold pains or hot pains. It's weird. It's scary as well. I don't know if meds is the right path for me. As I hate taking meds. But I will talk to my doctor to see what he recommends. Same as well. I was a very active person before this crippling anxiety. Hopefully we can get past this.
    • Posted

Yes yes at first it would go such long soans of time. Even now i get a few minths i feel alive..then boom its back. I have all weird face symotoms rn and the symptoms appear then the anxiety. Its somall annoying already isnt it. The hay fever you said i keep hoping some of this is allergies. It feels like an allergy at times. My neighbor cleaned out his green pool as i watched green sludge drip past my house for the last three days and im wondering if this is why my face feels chapped and strange and my eyes were bugging me and high oitched tinnitus. Sounds like an allergybtyor thing to me anyway but i need it to pass. Im such a happy person without these damn symptoms.
  • Posted

I have this very high ping sound in my ear..driving me nuts. Waiting for it to go away
  • Posted

We've been through this.. It's all anxiety. Put more faith into the doctors and into yourself and stay off google!!
    • Posted

I totally understand this is a forum and it is for reassurance but I feel some people feed each other with fear

Your comment is spot on

Lil

• Posted

I hope I didn't sound rude or anything I wasn't meaning to! But I totally know how it is to freak myself out but I'm starting to just tell myself no the doctors know what they're

Talking about and you could literally put any symptom into google and it'll tell you you're dying lol. Not good for us anxiety people!

• Posted

You were not at all rude.

Accepting that you have anxiety is one of the biggest things in this ugly illness.

If you have had a full medical examination and all is clear then you have to accept it and try to manage it.

Forums like this are ok but for exchanging tips on how to cope not feeding each others fears. 

I agree googling is not a good move

Take Care

Lil

• Posted

I have to agree with Michelle and Lillie. I am empathetic and supportive to people who have chronic anxiety disorder and I am a very laid-back, gentle lady (according to my friends) but I do worry that everyone who suffers with this anxiety are just desperate for validation of their fears and that they do, quite often, feed off one another. I'm a nurse and I've seen people in the grip of severe anxiety, and no matter how many tests are done, people with chronic anxiety just can't and won't believe that the results are correct. It's very sad and I have yet to find a way that totally reassures these sufferers.

But yes! Keep away from google! Don't go and buy a blood pressure monitor or a pulse/ox device! It makes things worse, not better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.