Can anxiety go away on it's own??

Posted , 36 users are following.

I finally had the courage to go to see my doctor today...until I got outside the building. I sat outside for half an hour before giving up and walking away.

I see now that I am not going to be able to do it, I have tried.

How am I supposed to get the help that I need if I can't even force myself through the door?

I'm too scared to sit there in front of my GP. And to anyone thinking that I am just being negative..yes, I am. That's the problem I guess.

I have spent the rest of the day either crying, or staring blankly at nothing. I feel like I am just going to have to deal with it and be like this forever.

My partner tells me that going to the doctors is stupid anyway, because I am just very shy. I am pretty sure that it's more than that, but if he's not concerned then should I be??

Can anxiety go away on it's own? Because the thought of feeling like this forever is just too much.

6 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi tiffy

I'm sorry you are going through this.

this may not be a popular opinion but I'm glad in a way you didn't see your doctor because the chance are, he would have put you on an ssri and, given my bad experiences with ssris, I'm glad that hasn't happened.

• Posted

I'm really relieved to read that actually, it's been a massive struggle for almost a year now trying to get myself to see a doctor, but I have heard that medication will likely be thrown at me...which will most likely be thrown right back at them ;-) 

I will Google that now, thank you.

• Posted

I'm sorry to say that no generally anxiety won't go on its own. If life factors are causing it and those change then it may subside. I agree meds aren't always the answer, but therapy could be. Anx untreated really isn't the best idea, any sufferer will tell you, the soonest is best for treatment whichever route you take
  • Posted

Hi Tiffy, I wouldn't recommend you to see a doctor , I've been in your place so i know how it feels, and I am glad that you can acknowledge having anxiety. I believe you need to start to look at your life style, do you do any sport? I advice you to start with yoga . If you are intrested I can even recommend you what I had .

• Posted

Hi, I used to do body balance (yoga + Pilates) and body pump at the gym, but then I got worse and couldn't face going. I felt really self conscious. I do a bit of stuff on the Wii Fit Plus and take my dog for walks, cycle etc but am open to suggestions! I'd rather do ANYTHING than face a doctor haha! X
  • Posted

Anxiety can go away by itself. I have experienced this. The more attention you give to it, the worse it gets. If you get to the point where you can just ignore it and give it no time, it willgo away completely. The more you try to fix it, make it go away, try to find a magic pill, think about it, try to sort it out etc. the more attention you are giving it. It only lives by our attention to it. Do nothing to get rid of it. For the moment, just accept it and it will slowly dissolve. Leave it alone and it will go away all by itself.
    • Posted

Everyone's reason for anxiety is different, as is their experience of it. For some its a chronic problem that will not go away until the reason for it is addressed. Your approach may work for some,but absolutely not for others. Its best in the hands of a professional to help you through it. Ignoring it and pretending its not an issue will for minor anxiety be enough, for long term disabling anxiety it takes more than that
    • Posted

I love this analogy! I've never read truer words! I'm going to screen shot this and read it daily! Thank you
    • Posted

Hey. I have anxiety for a week now n it's frustrating. Can u help me

• Posted

Hello I likenti bekive thisbbutnive been suffering anxietya tatcksnnoknstoo for the littlest thoughts. If I think of something scary or if I think that I'll never get better then my anxiety attacks happen right then and there. I will have to admit that I pay attention to it all day and I use my phone all day to research answers to why this is happening to me. I haven't slept or eaten in two days.

• Posted

Wow I can't believe I spelled that what I mean tot say was that I like to believe this but I've been suffering anxiety attacks for the littlest things. *

• Posted

Hi, are you still feeling ok ?  All people here wasn't able to cure from it so it is nice to hear at least one happy person.  Thanks.

• Posted

Cgrimaldi7,

I have had this off and on for years. The duration varies from each episode along with the severity. Like you, I become obsessed with the symptoms of anxiety and panic to the point I listen to every symptom my body sends, search the internet for stories and cures.

I also have issues sleeping and eating when this occurs.

I understand the causes and what needs to be done when this is active but it is difficult when you are going through it.

If you need further information on this, answer this message. I may be able to help you

• Posted

What are your symptoms?
    • Posted

Going on meds isn't a bad thing if it's gonna help you feel better everyone is different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.