Can anxiety go away on it's own??

Posted , 36 users are following.

I finally had the courage to go to see my doctor today...until I got outside the building. I sat outside for half an hour before giving up and walking away.

I see now that I am not going to be able to do it, I have tried.

How am I supposed to get the help that I need if I can't even force myself through the door?

I'm too scared to sit there in front of my GP. And to anyone thinking that I am just being negative..yes, I am. That's the problem I guess.

I have spent the rest of the day either crying, or staring blankly at nothing. I feel like I am just going to have to deal with it and be like this forever.

My partner tells me that going to the doctors is stupid anyway, because I am just very shy. I am pretty sure that it's more than that, but if he's not concerned then should I be??

Can anxiety go away on it's own? Because the thought of feeling like this forever is just too much.

6 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh I hate to hear this. I have such bad anxiety anyways after the birth of my third child it was terrible! I talked to my ob and of course he threw medication at me! He barley talked to me a few min and ran out the door. I didn't take it. I was too paranoid to take it from the reviews I have read about medication. I have tried reading my bible, praying and talking openly about my anxiety. Of course I still get panic attacks but I think it's getting better. I still have really bad nights sometimes.  I hope you get feel better soon!! 

• Posted

Hi, it's been 4 months since dealing with anxiety and honestly I feel like it's taken over my life. I wake up every day with the thought that I'm going to beat it and be normal with my kids and husband. I walk 2 miles a day, try to eat healthy when I can eat. I'm just so done with this anxiety I just want my life back. I try so hard for my family but, then all of a sudden it hits me out of no where. I'm so afraid of taking pills I've tried them and I felt worst. I couldn't sleep my heart was racing. I'm at the point where I don't know where else to turn to. Then, if i take pills what am I suppose to do since I work. I just want to live life with my kids and husband and be without anxiety. When will this ever end??? I'm so done with this anxiety. HELP!!

• Posted

i have tried headspace meditation app, I think it helped .. I still have some situations with physical pains but they have decreased a lot, I don't feel like I want to die anymore.   So, first thing in the morning meditation then follow the guidance , mindfulness during the day, etc.  You will be fine.

• Posted

Hey, I hear  on this. I have struggled off and on over the years. When this condition has you in its grips, it consumes every thought and actually does take over your life.

I heard that acceptance is the key to a cure or relief. I have tried bringing on attacks to face this condition once and for all but I usually back out. It is just too scary.

Email me if you would like to talk further on this subject. My mother just passed and I went right into an anxiety hell.

• Posted

No unfortunately, there will always be some form of the anxiety that will be with you and if it runs in the family it will not go away. You will have learn to manage and find things that will soothe ur anxiety, like meditation. It’s not stupid what so ever to go and see ur doctor! I suffer with pure o ocd, ptsd which brings on anxiety. You need to go and see ur doctor and unfortunately that’s hard part, it’s normal to be afraid however for us it’s bit more intense. But trust me once you see ur doctor and get on the right meds, you will feel much better and they will teach, guide, help you in any way they can. It’s a good thing. Keep trying don’t give up. 
  • Posted

I too have anxiety which has been at its worse. I have random chest near the breast, get pains in my head but never together. If my chest hurts head doesn’t and vice verse. I am so tired of living like this. I won’t take anything because I gave read side effects on all medications and feeling the way I do I would talk myself into this side effects and make my anxiety worse. I know this sounds weird but when I drink water it definitely takes the edge off the anxiety but I don’t drink enough because I don’t think about it. I am 67 and we are going to be moving to a new home and my anxiety us making me feel like I will never make it to our new home to enjoy it. Let’s all be well soon
  • Posted

Does anyone ever have bad thoughts about death and life because of their anxiety and think they are going crazy? Or jut me ? It really scares me 
  • Posted

I do all the time. Some days I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. You are not alone. Anxiety sucks

• Posted

Go to church that will help u get out of anxiety forever trust me u just got to believe in god.
    • Posted

I go to church and I pray to be done with this and I still have it but I still keep praying 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.