Can anxiety go away on it's own??

Posted , 36 users are following.

I finally had the courage to go to see my doctor today...until I got outside the building. I sat outside for half an hour before giving up and walking away.

I see now that I am not going to be able to do it, I have tried.

How am I supposed to get the help that I need if I can't even force myself through the door?

I'm too scared to sit there in front of my GP. And to anyone thinking that I am just being negative..yes, I am. That's the problem I guess.

I have spent the rest of the day either crying, or staring blankly at nothing. I feel like I am just going to have to deal with it and be like this forever.

My partner tells me that going to the doctors is stupid anyway, because I am just very shy. I am pretty sure that it's more than that, but if he's not concerned then should I be??

Can anxiety go away on it's own? Because the thought of feeling like this forever is just too much.

6 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I recovered from anxiety in total of 9 months 2 years ago I actually forgot I had so it was a back burner thing all my mental and psychical symptoms left, it only came back 3.5 months ago because i smoked a good strain and it was the biggest regret of my life I'm about 99% recovered as I speak no meds.

Wohoooo

Psychostein.

• Posted

What did you do to recover from anxiety it seems like there a tons of posts of people going thru this but not enough of people beating it . I wish they would start posting to help us who are still suffering have hope and tips on how to start moving forward
    • Posted

Well it's been awhile sense I wrote this. I'm feeling a lot better. I was put on 25mg then 50 of Zoloft. It did take it away but then got side effects from this drug. Couldn't sleep and palpitations bad during day. I have got me back to cymbata 20mg . I was on it for 7 years and never had anxiety. I went off of it last year and it came back, so I guess I'll stay on this. Also I listen to relaxing music on YouTube every night before bed. And I pray and talk to god, so those 3 things have me my life back. Heart rate is way down. I don't like taking meds. But what I have learn. Is feeling better is well worth being on it. On YouTube type in abide Christian meditation . Try that, it's great. Let me know how your doing. Be glad to help

• Posted

I have read your Post. I'm 59 I do have anxiety. I also have heart palpitations , had them for 9 years. I was taking cymbata for 6 years 20 mg. Felt good , then I said to my self I'm going to go off. It's the only drug I have been on . So I weaned myself off for two months this summer of 16 went pretty good till right before Christmas I woke up panicking sweating and fear . I quickly went to my doctor and I ask her should I go back on the Cymbalta and she agreed because it was anxiety I believe but I also have these heart palpations and every time I get one it throws me into anxiety . I started therapy for eggs ID which the doctor she's not into medicine which is kind of nice but for right now I'm going to take the medicine and I do take Ativan in between times because sometimes my heart rate shoots up and makes me nervous . I wish to God there was something that I can do because I really don't want on the drug and I can't tell if the drugs making me have more anxiety . I'm to the point where I don't want to go anywhere because I'll get heart palpitation and then that makes me nervous and then give me anxiety .

• Posted

Did the palpitations stop when you started taking the cymbalta?
    • Posted

Cymbalta has saved my life I'm back to normal with no anxiety it truly does work and I will never go off of it again 

• Posted

I have been dealing with my Anxiety's attack for over a month. I couldn't sleep if I do it is just for a 2-3 three hours and I am up back and won't go back to sleep.. I feel like I losing control my head keeps pounding, chest feel tight, I can't concentrate, feeling like nothing is real! Feel like I am doom .

• Posted

I also was like that, 3 months ago my anxiety struck me with no warning. Woke up one night with a panic attack and I haven't been the same since. Right now I am taking all natural vitamins, and it seems to be helping me slowly but surely I feel a huge difference I can now sleep, wake up happy with my kids, eat and now worry. I still have some shakiness inside of me I'm my sore what it is. I have depression as well. That's a little harder to cure, negative thoughts going through my head feeling scared feeling like the world is better off without u. Wish it upon no one but it all starts with a step as soon as u do that one you take your next one if that makes sense. A lot of people cure it or treat it let's be the ones who cure it for good!!! 

• Posted

I still feel shakey I am taking vitamin as well and take walk so I could ease my mind I try reading it helps. I am taking alprazolan so I can sleep..
    • Posted

Courtney, My mom just passed away and I got hit with anxiety almost immediately. I go to bed every night at 10 and usually back up at 1 or 2 because of anxiety. There were nights I would get a couple of hours sleep tops. It would make the rest of the day hell.

I have had this off and on for years and have always overcome it. Some episodes are easy and some are severe. email me if you would like some tips on this condition

• Posted

Thanks I have also start taking vitamins and take walks I am on a low dose of alprazolan so I can sleep at night.. I still feeling shakey now and then.. I just take a day at a time
  • Posted

I've dealt with panic attacks off and on for years. Started when I married an alcohol husband. The stress with addiction created panic attacks. I was house bound having panic attacks 10/15 times or more a day. Fear on top of fear. Get help from a doctor in the field of mental illness. Knowledge of anxiety disorder is your best tool. Don't be afraid to try meds. Meds are a kick start only in getting control, a helping tool. The real treatment comes from learning, knowledge about panic disorder from your mental doctor. I was put on meds for 6 months while doing therapy. This was over 25 years ago. Through learning about panic disorder, i learned to own my anixous feelings and not allow these anixous feelings to dictate my every day life. When you run, flee or freeze from anxious feelings you give in to it. That is like putting gas on a fire. When you own, accept these feelings they no longer can control your life. Please educate yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.