can anxiety make acid reflux???

Posted , 8 users are following.

huh I got a new symtomp.it sounds like acid reflux and some wierd feelings in my stomach i didnt ask my gp as I know its a sign of cancer, all the time I am thinking about it realy making me panic more than my other symptoms.anyone been like that before?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Firstly 'sounds like'you can't hear cancer and cancer isn't painful so ditch that anxiety 

all my other symptoms ?? What else have you googled and diagnosed yourself with oh dear 

it could 've indigestion 

it could be your diet as in when and what you eat 

it could be acid reflux if your taking medication or your diet is weird then your stomach will be annoyed. Easy solved but noise its doing its job!! 

• Posted

not on any medications but yea about diet coz of anxiety cant eat well:-(
  • Posted

Im getting the same plus fizzing in my throat dont know what to do
    • Posted

I havent seen my gp yet.it makes me more anxitous.you checked it up?
  • Posted

Dear anahita.p,

I am pretty sure you don't have cancer. The symptoms you are experiencing are almost certainly caused by stress, first you get stomach pain and then acid reflux.

Take it easy for a day and do nothing. Sit in a comfortable chair and listen to some calming music. When it's time to eat choose something which is not hot, spicy or oily his will go easy on your digestive system. Most of us go to bed too late so it's a good idea to give yourself some early nights. We live in a world of stress what is the cost of everything and the demands that life makes of us. Give yourself a bit of a rest and I am sure you will start feeling better.

Best regards

robert

• Posted

heya robert.thank you for your kind supportive words and and your suggestions sound realy nice I will try them.
  • Posted

Hi 

Roberts given u excellent diet advice anxiety advice RELAX and don't think you have a problem 

you r fine I'm sure 

• Posted

I have wierd noises from my stomach. Have done all night. Really bad stomach pains and then on a morning I have to rush to go to the loo x
    • Posted

lol yea when I am panic I have some wierd noises too.but this time just another wierd new thing with my stomach
  • Posted

Yes it can! I get it all the time. My gp says the acid reflux is a symptom of anxiety and he gave me meds to calm it down a bit. 
    • Posted

hi amy.thanks.i think I can talk to my gp about it now.
  • Posted

Hi have acid reflux too just like you , i think too much so my anxiety trigger , but youre fine just relax if you think too much it will affect you or it can trigger your anxiet. I was so scared like you i research too much like cancer , insomia , alzheimers & other symptoms what my body feels , i feel so hopeless like dying its like everyday when i feel something strange i panic alot & always want to go to a hospital. I always feel shortness of breathe , dizzy + unreal , loss of apetite , always tired & just want to sleep , i feel like anytime i'am gonna die [ fainting ] like im doomed , cold , sweathing too much , shaky feeling , headaches , body pains , easily to get numb, choking & it affects my emotion & mood , sometimes i get easily irritated , my mind sometimes when i'am alone like i wanna commit a suicide i'am so depressed of what happen to me feels like anytime it will happen again & i'm so scared of death because of what happen to me i always think of my little brother so i dont want to die like that i want to be with him take care of him. i've been in hospital about 4 times i did some test not that much X-ray's & ECG [ 3 times ] but the doctors said nothings wrong with me they dont even know why i feel those thing i fine they always send me home. I've been in some Quack doctors [ by the way i'am from philippines ] they give me some medicine but nothing happens i buy some talisman for prortection of some elements , spirit & witchcraft but all the same i feel good just like couple of days but it came back again i go to another Quack doctors 2 times but still the same. i found this website it help me alot now i know that i dont have any problems with me its only anxiety that makes me feel like this. So if you think too much it will acid reflux can be treat just have proper meal , exercise , to some relaxation , dont drink alchohol , dont smoke , more meat , dont drink softdrinks , sour food will make youre acid more so dont eat too much sour food & Oily or fried , dont eat too much at night [ Full stomach ] after dinner rest 3 hrs. then go to sleep if you want snack just 1 banana or a sandwich will help you for the snack don't stay up late manage your time have a list what are you going to do and music will help you. This is all i know i want to shared this to you i really wanna help you what happen to me i dont want to happen to others :D i feel like not me but i'am getting use of it help your self be BRAVE dont be scared i know our BRAIN [ MIND ] is so powerfull but you need to take out all negative thoughts about acid reflux you dont have cancer its just on your mind smile i wish i help you with this
    • Posted

heya zedis.yea those symptoms you told I had them before and I have them.sometimes they all come to me in same time and sometimes one by one.one day loss of appetite another day headache.i hate when I am like this I feel hopless too realy want to change everything and gonna change myself:-(.thanks for your reply.hope u be ok too.
    • Posted

Wil u be going to the docters to get it checked and no I have not been im worried to death that its cancer and my throats burning my stomach ive been crying all the time and am so scared esp when I hold my son I gave birth 2 weeks ago body is feeling heavy and having acid reflux direa and fizzyness in throat i feel my voice is changing to im so worried 
    • Posted

Congratulations to you! your little son can make you feel good so you should be with him.i dont know much about symptoms after giving birth but I think it makes some changes in body so maybe ur reflux be normal.no actualy I havent been doc yet maybe tomorrow I will go.lets try it together tomorrow!i feel better now when I read about who told me they had reflux and it is coz of anxiety.ur case must be coz of anxiety or maybe coz of after giving birth so no worries:-)
    • Posted

i'm not a doctor but i think reflux/heartburn is natural when you give birth in my prev. research i read some articles like this. Youre fine mam but if you wanna go to a doctor you can just dont think too much i feel that throat thingy and heavy like always tired smile. Just dont thing negative things that will make you down.
    • Posted

hi zedis143 2 yrs ago na to pero sna nagoopen kapa den kamusta kna ngayon lahat ng snsbe mo nangyayare sken gusto ko sana ng kausap na parehas ng sitwasyon ko eto fb ko chat moko pag nabasa mo to search mo lang name ko sa fb Yang Yang

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.