can anxiety make acid reflux???

Posted , 8 users are following.

huh I got a new symtomp.it sounds like acid reflux and some wierd feelings in my stomach i didnt ask my gp as I know its a sign of cancer, all the time I am thinking about it realy making me panic more than my other symptoms.anyone been like that before?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I always get acid reflux when I panic, it is a symptom of anxiety for me, espcially if i end up not throwing up or something. I'm sure you're fine! Have some peppermint flavoured rennie and some tea, you'll be ok. (:
    • Posted

I never had acid reflux before but yea me too these days whenever I am panic I get it.when u get it?u get it immediately just after eating a meal?i get it sometimes when I eat.
    • Posted

I tend to get it if i've had an acidic meal, or sometimes when I've just not eaten enough. Also if you're taking medication, that can cause it to flare up. i had it really bad when i was on steroids. But yeah its totally normal to have stomach probs when you're anxious or having an attack. best thing to do is look at what you're eating, and take some gaviscon/rennie everywhere with you (:
    • Posted

peppermint is one of the worst things for acid reflux. my opinion.
  • Posted

Im to scared to go docters becuase im afraid i will be admitted for a mri scan or endoscopy im  so scared esp what im putting my mum through and my sisters
    • Posted

Nosheen the best thing to do is to trust the doctors. I know you're scared but think of it this way; you'll be scared for longer, and uncomfortable, if you dont go to them and ask for help. Tell the doctor how you feel about the MRI and endoscopy. They're there to help, you just have to let them. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and do some deep breathing to calm yourself before hand. The best thing to do is to not let your anxiety rule you, as hard as that is. 
    • Posted

lol nosheen same here was thinking about endoscopy too.but maybe no need to endoscopy.and just some meds
    • Posted

today I had.but in general no.i dont get pain and acid reflux same time.in past yea I had wierd pain too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.