Can any one relate to this?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm not sure if its anxiety, depression or something else.

little things can trigger a negative emotion. for example a bird singing or the way the sky looks at that time or the smell of my partners vape. just little insignificant things.

it makes me feel negative and I cant quite pinpoint what it is. that makes my anxiety get worse because I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.

any ideas? anxiety depression or am I actually losing my mind?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it's not always these things exactly but anything like it x

• Posted

that is your natural anxiety enhance by the cit.i use to be able to hear my husbands thumbs typing on the phone n i hated it and also my freinds children use to annoy me .its anxietty it will pass.these crazy side effects symptoms from these meds are un real.

• Posted

they really are crazy arent they! having anxiety just makes everything seem so much worse. I'm up and down like a fat in a spacesuit atm x gotta keep going and wish I listened to you guys in the first place I wouldnt be 8 months down the line still struggling would I? anxiety is such a liar and makes you think things that arent true. then it gives you a little bit of relief so you follow the breadcrumbs and go down the complete wrong path. x 🙄

• Posted

I can definitely relate to those feelings, you're not going out of your mind. You've gone up to 20mgs from 10 mgs recently and when you increase so does your anxiety at first. The sound of cutlery and crockery gets to me and sonetimes just a noise from outside such as my neighbour closing his car door makes me jump. I'm decreasing and it happens to me. Another thing I'm dealing with now is feeling impatient. I race around the supermarket like their closing in 5 minutes, just want to get out of there.

• Posted

I definitely understand the impatience aswell. I was like that before now it's a lot worse lol x

does it ever make your mood drop too? it feels like depression and feels like anxiety at the same time x it really is a strange one x thank you x hope you're doing ok today x

• Posted

Hi Potatoghost

I had that feeling you describe as thinking you are going out of your mind when I started reducing. It's bound to make your mood drop too, I cried and still do at times. Apart from the reduction causing my anxiety to resurface I also worried if I was doing the right thing which made me even more anxious causing a stress response ie, changes in brain functioning making it difficult to rationalise. The more anxious I got the worse it got.

You have doubled your dose so I imagine you are experiencing similar. For both of us we have to adjust to the changes and it will improve with time. I know it's easier said than done but you have to believe that it's not you, it's a symptom. Don't panic about it, accept it as a symptom and know that if will pass. I do slow, deep breathing where you feel your stomach rise and slow release through pursed lips. It sometimes helps me get to sleep. It will pass, try to stay calm, take your mind somewhere else, talk to someone or watch something funny on tv.

Dare I say also, perhaps 20 mgs is too high a dose for you, maybe a dose adjustment will benefit you. I am treading carefully here as I am no expert and welcome anyone to jump in here.

You'll be fine. 😉

• Posted

Agree, the meds heighten your senses. Also, when you have anxiety you'll overthink and overfeel everything. All your senses are heightened, nerves on edge, and because meds heightens anxiety at first it'll make this feel more acute. Noise can seem grating, sunshine too bright, winter more gloomy, smells you hadn't noticed before ........ and tears all too ready to flow.

Think of it as 'super-powers'. Sadly, flying isn't one of the attributes ...... but you can wear a cape if you want lol xxx.

• Posted

Love that analogy Katecogs. Hope it made Potatoghost smile like if did me.

Maybe I should try wearing a cape in the supermarket to give people advanced warning lol.

• Posted

😂😂 thank you that did make me chuckle. I needed that! it really worried me as i thought i was losing my marbles. that is a big worry for me atm like I'm going crazy and the usual never getting better rubbish too x it does put my mind at ease x

thank you x

• Posted

if only doctors would warn us of the heighten senses we would all feel a little better when they happen.other wise we think we are loosing our marbles.

• Posted

I've had a doctor say no side effects

2 weeks to feel better!

4bweeks and you'll be fine

they dont work very well

I see you have anxiety and depression..........have you tried going for a walk?

all sorts they really are clueless!

• Posted

mine told me iam sorry i cant help you anymore seek a phychiatrist.best advise ever from a general practitioner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.