Can any one relate to this?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm not sure if its anxiety, depression or something else.

little things can trigger a negative emotion. for example a bird singing or the way the sky looks at that time or the smell of my partners vape. just little insignificant things.

it makes me feel negative and I cant quite pinpoint what it is. that makes my anxiety get worse because I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.

any ideas? anxiety depression or am I actually losing my mind?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

yes can totally relate but never had anxiety before withdrawal, i can only watch certain things on tv now!

• Posted

what things do you have to avoid?

I miss watching the walking dead but because it's so tense it doesnt help my anxiety! I'm meant to be doing a ghost hunt in bodmin jail in a few weeks. not anymore I'm not!!

• Posted

hello potatoghost it takes a long time to recover for most folks dr says 4 to 6 weeks just change that to 4 to 6 months and that will be closer to reality . dont know why but most drs either dont know side effects and how ssris and anxiety work or they just dont tell you? stay busy with your hands do something you enjoy ! stay the course with same dose and same brand ssri for many months. higher dose isnt always better and a different ssri isnt always better. this is a time thing. if you change dose or brand the time for recovery just starts over. all the ssris work basiclly the same. patience is key

keep going!!!

• Posted

I wish I stayed the course in the first place as I've spent the past 11 months p*****g around trying to get better.i am literally at square one again. if I listened to everyone instead of my anxiety I would probably be recovered now.

I had a pretty big blip at around 12 weeks and thought nope they arent working so switched. I knew people said blips can come back way past 12 weeks.i don't know why I just didn't listen.

I thought I was back at the beginning again bit I know now because of how I feel it wasnt as bad as I thought x should have just stayed with it.

now I have more anxiety and worries added in from side effects from a different med

worrying I wont get better and blah blah blah x

• Posted

been there brother its the anxiety we cant make good decisions when its on us

• Posted

It certainly does heighten senses and make you feel super sensitive, overly aware and have absolutely ridiculous worries and thoughts whilst your brain adjusts to the medication.. The fact that you are aware of how senseless your thinking is shows that you are actually more in control than you realise. When i had those horrid moments of sheer terror, i would jump on my rowing machine and row hard to release the cortisol running through my veins. It helped a lot. x

• Posted

thank you 😊 I don't have anything like a rowing machine so mine normally is I'll jump up and find something to clean or tidy even though my house is super clean already because of it lol x

how are you now? are you recovered and stuff? x

• Posted

can I ask what your worries were? mine are just stupid sometimes buy the anxiety doesnt let you rationalise it does it 🙄

• Posted

Just laughable worries, and what if this happened or that happened or what if i did this or that....could be absolutely anything and worries about the worst fears. At one point I actually couldn't help laughing at myself at how absurd the worries were. I did a great deal of reading around how anxiety and fear can lead to obsessive thinking. I also read .....

Over 85 Percent of What We Worry About Never Happens

Five hundred years ago, Michel de Montaigne said: "My life has been filled with terrible misfortune; most of which never happened." Now there's a study that proves it. This study looked into how many of our imagined calamities never materialize. 85 percent of what subjects worried about never happened, and with the 15 percent that did happen, subjects discovered either they could handle the difficulty better than expected, or the difficulty taught them a lesson worth learning. This means that 97 percent of what you worry over is not much more than your anxiety's exaggerations and misperceptions.

I think Potatoghost you mustn't underestimate your own ability to get through this. You are a lot stronger, braver and in control than you think! Just perceive and deal with the anxiety in a scientific and physiological way rather than going round in circles trying to think it all away and rationalise it. Fear by its very nature is not rational, its self preservation gone awry. It's you trying to protect yourself, and is an indication of how much you care about yourself and those around you. Its a fear of feeling the fear. So be brave and just actively walk through the fear until you come out the other side, it diminishes within a few minutes as im sure you know.

Your cleaning is a good way to release the cortisol that is running around your system. Try some vigorous exercise when youre feeling out of control. Go for a run, or just stick a youtube exercise video on. this will help calm you down distract you from the ridiculous thoughts and release that pent up energy.

I am so much better now. My thoughts are clear, im focussed, Im calm and happy, but it took time and as a previous person said PATIENCE, is key. Also dont avoid the things you enjoy, even if you predict that they will cause you anxiety. Watch the TV you love, go to the events you enjoy and you will see that even if the suspected anxiety does rear its ugly head you will courageously deal with it, and train yourself to suffer it while it lasts because it cant harm you even though it feels unbearable sometimes, its only a feeling after all. x

• Posted

yes mam all so true.thank goodness theres folks like you who understand these horrible feelings.best regards

• Posted

Catherine,

Your message is lovely, I am currently suffering with first 3 weeks of starting citalopram and today i am having a very stupid anxiety caused by one thought of 'what if'. I thought what if i hurt someone and then it caused me to be so anxious and obsessed about this thought and put me right to square one. made me feel crazy.I am just wondering if it is a blip or whats is going on and if you ever had something like this while recovering. how long does it take to recover. I am just so sad and desperate dont want this to affect my life this much anymore.

• Posted

'What if i hurt someone' is a very common obsessive thought particular amongst the highly sensitive of us, and you have it because you care so very much about others, that you don't want anything bad to happen to anyone. Because you are a very sensitive and caring person and would never hurt anyone the thought seriously appalls you and therefore you fight that thought, and the more you fight it the more it perpetuates.

Remember it just a FEAR,not who you are!Its part of the obsessive, circling thoughts. Every time you have a thought like that, tell yourself, its your worst fear/its obsessive thinking and allow that insignificant and senseless thought to float away rather than try to grab it and control it. People that suffer anxiety are actually extremely brave because of the courage we have to muster to get through the excruciating pain we experience. You'll be ok, keep going xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.