Can anybody advise me please ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i am 40 year old female a single mum to 3 girls, my youngest being 3 yrs old. I struggle everyday with pain and being exstreamly tired all day and finding it hard to cope.

I am currently on income support but have got to go to the job centre this wk where they want me to start looking for work, i feel due to the way i am in pain everyday i just cant cope with work i even struggle to hoover as the pain is high.

How can i get the job center to see i just wont be able to cope with holding down a job ? I also suffer from panic attacks and this is really worring me

I have home help once a wk then my 85 yrs old nan comes to do my housework and look after kids 3 times a wk.

Please could someone advise. Many thanks.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Bless ya I feel for you! I've been signed off work .please go to your doctor and tell them that you are in constant pain and struggling with the fatigue. Plus with the panic attacks they can't make you work. Massive hugs xx
    • Posted

Thanks Emma for the reply. I hope you feel better soon as well. I have doctors on Monday xxxx
    • Posted

Bless ya, thank you I've felt so tired again lately so know how difficult it is especially with kids. ..yes definitely claim for ESA I've now been put into a "safe group" apparently it's so I'm not sent to the work focused interviews .You shouldn't have to be made to go back to work.Just explain exactly how you feel on Mon and they should write you a sick note which you will need to claim ESA. Good luck smile xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Emma just feel really down at mo. Got no interest in anything at mo. My kids are bored as i just wanna sit most of day due to pain and tiredness. ;(
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca, yes definitely get signed off by your GP and then start a claim for Employment Support Allowance. Good luck. xx
  • Posted

Hiya Rebecca, it seems to me that you really need to be proactive....take your health in your own hands..have you been to see a Rhumotologist ..if not you need to be referred...have you been diagnosed yet..if not the arhumo...should help..once you gave a name to your issues. It's gotta be easier  to prove you can't work?? I'm in Australia..so I don't really know how your system works at all..God bless Rebecca,,hope it all works out for you really soon..have a lovely day..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine i have been told by consultant i have fibro but not been refered to Rhumotologist i dont know why but hoping when i see GP 2morrow i will get some where . I feel i cant go on like this anymore got no interest in kids which makes me very sad as i love them to bits. Infact i got no interest in anything just feel weak and so tired just want to be in bed all day but i dont as i have kids to look after.
    • Posted

Hiya Rebecca....great that your seeing the doc 2morro, you might have to be a bit firm an demand a referral to a Rhumo...although if a consultant says you have it..you have it.. hope  he also sorted you out for some pain relief etc..if not..then you really need to see a Rhumo  if you do is not  too informed on treatment...do hope all goes  well for you,  please let us all know...God bless, have a lovely day......and little children as much as we do really love them ...it becomes really hard work when you have these issues...really hope you get some help soon..
    • Posted

Thank you will let you know how i get on. I dont hold much hope as my doctors are not very good. . Xxx
    • Posted

That's it isn't it.?.we do hold soo much hope when we see our doctors.,,be assertive Rebecca...we have to some times...if they lived with our issues just for a day,  the tables would certainly turn..be blessed...-: ) xxx
    • Posted

Hi Rebbeca,

I'm so sorry to read how little support you're getting at the mo from your medical team.

Yes as others have said claim ESA get a medical note and take it from there, phone the JC to tell them you're not well enough to visit in person at the moment & that you're in the process of claiming ESA-this will stop them making assumptions why you haven't attended.

From my own experience you have to be very proactive to jump through the hoops in the NHS! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by a Rheumatologist but then getting everything to gel together GP/Pain Clinic/Physio/Support Groups all came after much pushing from me.

If your GP has no advice on pain control request to see the pain clinic at the Hospital. The pain clinic I attended sat with me for an hr and arranged medication, pain relief caudal epidurals, support groups and physio (for a slightly different side to my fibro/joint issues).

There was a 8 week wait for the pain clinic but to get everything sorted in one session was worth it.

The problem I have is the bouncing between re-referrals I have to have - If your local NHS use the same policies (Discharge to GP & re refer if problems continue) you'll be like me and back and forth to the GP!

Just persevere on the day you feel strong enough - hope Dr's goes ok today xxxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I am a little nervous going to doctor today as i feel with my doctors i wont get very far and really need some help.

Your mail is of great comfort to me thank you so much i will let everyone know how i get on although i think i already know the answer. Xxx

• Posted

Stay positive Rebecca...be in charge of you....hope it all girs really well at the dr's...have a lovely day..God bless..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Well been to doctor been given stronger pain killers and i asked if i could have a medical note for job centre on wednesday to claim sickness benefit and i was given a sick note for one month off ( no good for me ) job centre wont accept that for sickness benefit, what do i so now ?
    • Posted

Hi hun, well that's a start.

Stronger painkillers will help take the edge off things hopefully. Unfortunately the fatigue won't get much better but I'm still to find anything to help with the constant tiredness.

Who told you you can't claim ESA with a one month note?

You can and you should claim ASAP as you can have claims in for ESA and Income Support in at the same time, they just offset them against each other.

Even if it's a weeks note you should submit it as it's still proof you are currently not fit to work. Make sure you get a form filled in and sent off because you are entitled to apply, whether you get anything after that is up to them.

xxxxx

• Posted

Hi clurbur

I just asumed i wouldnt be able to claim ESA on the one month sick note but after reading your comment it all makes sense.

I am off to job centre on wednesday so will hand in the sick note then. Just need something for the fatigue now so i can stay awake ! Xx

• Posted

Hey!

As far as benefits are concerned never assume you won't be entitled to it, just apply for it, the worst answer you'll get is a No!

I knew I would be disallowed ESA Income Based (because my partner works full time) but someone quite rightly pointed out I should complete the form anyway as you never know, rules might change!

I know its a pain with the forms, my fibro effects my fingers terribly but I just take my time!

If you find something for the tiredness let me know, not even double espresso's can keep me from slumping! xoxox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.