Can anyone describe their dizziness for me

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I know its a weird ask but i'm desperate to know what exactly your dizziness feels like.  I seem to get a surge of maybe blood maybe hormones to my head and i feel my nose and head will burst open with pressure, it also makes me feel dizzy and i feel i will get a really bad headache.  Today i was driving home from work and i felt i could just drop of to sleep (don't worry i wont cos i'm aware i'm feeling like this).  I have started to mark my dizzy do's on my calender and looking back its quite sad as i don't have a clear week without it.  Can you help by discrbing as much as possible cos i'm now getting worried something else must be going on inside this head of mine.  love to all x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Anxiousface, mine was like extreme sea sickness or morning sickness. I felt dizzy and nauseous. So bad that I had to take Dramamine at times. For the most I would take Vertifree which is all natural. 

When it would hit me I felt like my legs were really heavy and I was weighted down. Some days I woke up like this and sometimes it would just hit me in the middle of the day, out of no where. For the most, I don't have it anymore. Just a light spell every once and a while. Hope this helps. smile

• Posted

Oh... and the other thing is the presure headaches. It feels like my head is in a vice and it's going to burst. I still get that, without the dizzyness. I have that often. To battle the fatigue, I take .25mg of DHEA and a double dose of Vitamin B-6 and B12.
    • Posted

thank you eva much appreciated.yesi too feel like my heads in a vice.

You've been a great help x

• Posted

I either get a surge of weakness which makes me go dizzy, or the feeling like the room is spinning ( like when you're slightly tipsy).  After either I feel incredibly tired xx
  • Posted

Hi hun

ummmmm now let me think...

mine when i get it is like waves ... sort of starts like a palpitation and rises to the head in waves, almost feel it rises up, then a need to sit down ... legs feel like jelly

jay xx

• Posted

hi hun 

only yesterday i was reasearching what women are given NON supplements fo exteeme dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus etc in peri and menopause ..

answer was SERC 8mg or 16mg 

and what it is used for

Serc contains betahistine.

This medicine is called a histamine analogue. It is used to treat:

• dizziness (vertigo)

• ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

hearing loss suffered by people with Ménière's disease

This medicine works by improving blood flow in the inner ear.

This lowers the build up of pressure.

Jayxx

• Posted

h jay thanks for your reply and your info.  As you know my GP is hopeless so its no good going to him and I'm timited to what meds i can take with my meds for my tumour so i think i'm stuck with it.  Sorry just having a down day (yes another) i'll be ok tomorrow.  I'm off to bed now just had a nice long bubbly bath.  speak soon take care and i hope your ok x
  • Posted

hi anxious face 

re: SERC 

i dont know much about it.... 

it was just an observation ... 😃

jay xx

• Posted

Jay I've done the Serc 8,Cinnazarine ? Done Acupatch Magnets,

Seasickness tablets called Joys.    Zilch to all of them think it's my Eustachian tubes.Nothing but pain all of it,trying to get to bottom of it. xx

• Posted

Mine is rocking/swaying motion,I think it's blocked Eustachian tubes doing mine,I've got allergies ,which I.believe to be part of it,also tinnitus going 24/7. Wish I knew what to do to get balance sorted  Like yourself Anxious
    • Posted

Marlene

well thats all them then ... twoddle that doesnt work...

tinnitus is a tricky one to treat though, i dont know how you do it..

it drives me crazy here when we go up in mountain area sometimes as its all mountains here, and your ears pop... altitude... 

and thats only for a minute or two, the build up before they pop.. 

so to have tinnitus 24/7 well i just cant imagine... my left side is always weird, teeth and ear ... but not tinnitus... 

jay xx

• Posted

thanks for your reply marlene, when i stand for a while i feel im rocking but dont know if i really am.  Yes i have pulsating tinnitus, had it years and i only used to hear it every so often but since in peri its there all the time but i now make sure i have some noise in the back ground to dull it out, trying to go to sleep is the worse i feel it banging against my pillow and i stupidly start counting the pulsesmad. i wear a phil bioband it should reduce all the waves we get from techincal things like mobile, computer etc. I've had a bit of a down day but i must pick myself up for tomorrow. speak soon hun x
    • Posted

Hi Anxious Face

oh big hugs to you ...

sounds like vertigo to me... 

remember we all have a crap down day... its the law .. 😊

hope you feel better tomorrow hun

Jay jay xx 

• Posted

Yes it's the most miserable condition to have ,mine began back in 1996,coped pretty well with the hissing ,then when all this kicked off 8 yrs ago it's got so loud,but when low it goes inwards,think that's my worst of days,get such headaches with that low one,sat here now and it's so high ,somedays I will put hair dryer on just below the hissing and if lucky I can drop the high pitch if lucky,but can never raise it up ever I'm stuck with it,think air pressure affects mine,I've always said that,Baratrauma they call it.

I'm on a good site for tinnitus ,brilliant they are ,so knowledgable on tinnitus,they even amaze this veteran of tinnitus,my husbands had it over 30 yrs ,so he's understanding to it for me,Wouldn't wish it on a living soul.

You know what I mean having this yourself. Now we got balance and B.....y menopause trouble tops it all off I'd say.none of it easy by far.xxx

• Posted

Hey Anxious when I'm rocking / swaying ,and stood still but still think I'm moving,my husband says I'm not,so it's the ear mechanism telling our brains we are.Same thing when I look up or down.ive got a book called Brain and Spine my friend put me on to it ,as she's got same problem.its a free foundation book really good.go and check out there web site.its UK base but got these same foundations worldwide.Theres no cure ,but I'm hoping in my lifetime what's left ,there will bring something out to bring much needed silence,habituation,? I'm out on that one how about you ? God Bless xx

• Posted

Tinnitus is a creeper,evil thing to have Jay,mine when it began was like an ear infection ,then cold wind use to irritate my ears ,then hissing began ,use to put cotton wool in my ears every winter as wind gave me probs,Went to dr for what I know know to be rhinitis  those meds after one pkt,set this high pitch going,been same ever since ,changed the tinnitus forever  so I'm wary of meds today for that reason alone.Some get it after a plane journey,just starts off.TMJ tinnitus is Jaw and teeth  look it up Jay ,maybe when your up in mountain you'd notice it even more,even in water you get tinnitus,where ears inside never dry out completely.Did menopause start mine back off in 96 ,don't know,didn't know about meno and tinnitus back then.weird as you've said Jay xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.