Can anyone else "feel" their gallbladder?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since being told I have gallstones after one getting stuck in the bile duct, when I walk about, I can feel something in that area. It's not pain or anything, just something uncomfortable which catches my attention. Does anyone get this??

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

...just bear in mind, over that gallbladder sits a large, thick and heavy organ called the Liver.
  • Posted

Sorry I didn't mean I can actually feel it with my fingers (if that's what you meant lol). Just a very dull ache when walking.
  • Posted

It is well known that if you have a gallstone or two you can feel the pressure from them if you bend in a certain way. And I know this cos I can!

• Posted

I have a 2cm and a small stone. Its quite unnerving feeling it, it really gets me down.
  • Posted

If you drink Lidl Apple Juice NOT from concentrate with a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar it is said that you can shrink your gallstone over time. I am trying it.

Apple juice softens it and the cider vinegar shrinks it. I hope!!

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I have a condition called sphincter oddi dysfunction( muscle/valve near bile ducts tighten ) gallbladder problems can cause it. I find it unerving, it makes me anxious and makes me very down sometimes.if you google it there is lots of info on it.

• Posted

A scan had revealed I had a few stones about 2 to 2.5 cm each, i cant feel them but sometimes i do get pain which feels like a muscular ache, i dont know if actually the stones are causing it but i cant feel the stones
  • Posted

Hi, gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago!!! I asked the dr why it felt like I had something sticking in my ribs sometimes? He explained although the gallbladder is tiny it swells up with the gallstones to three times its normal size and that is why it is felt. Hope that helps
  • Posted

I have just posted about my problems, and that sounds just like what I can feel. Very uncomfortable. It feels like it is pulling downwards and sometimes makes me feel short of breath. I get it when walking and also when bending.
    • Posted

Hopefully you still check this. That downward pull. Can you explain more. This has happened recently to me. Seems to happen before my menstrual cycle. I felt a downward pull and it almost made my entire body feel like I was going up an elevator fast. This kicked in a mini-panick attack. I’ve been trying to figure what it has been for about a year. My doctor suggested an ultrasound of the area I felt the pull. And it came out I do have gallstones. But I don’t feel any severe pain in the area or shoulder. 

Can you please describe more? Thanks!

• Posted

I posted a reply earlier thanking everyone for their replies but I don't see it?? Anyway, was I also wanted to know is, do any of you take anti nausea tablets? What are they and how good are they? Do you take them as needed or is it a daily med?
  • Posted

Hi Tracy

I take one called Domperidone ( motilium ) I do find it quite effective and take it as needed.

• Posted

Boyzmummy

There is a condition called sphincter oddi dysfunction.Syptoms very similar to gallbladder problems. Google it.

• Posted

Hi Jane /Tracy thank you I had my Gallbladder out three weeks ago ! I asked my drs to do another scan rather than remove it, the ultrasound couldn't see the pancreas. Anyway the answer was no and they removed it.. On Saturday I ended up in A&E by ambulance on morphine, gas & air and intravenous paracetamol. The pain was worse than having a baby, worse than the gall stones and I am still throwing up now! At A&E they did chest and abdo X-ray and blood test for infection. Outcome was released with more Tramadol and movicol as it was decided that it was a combination of constipation and post op complications. As I pointed out that Opoids cause constipation he disagreed. Went to see GP today who gave more Tramadol, upped the movicol and Buccastem for the sickness. Talk about going around in circle. I have told them tat the pain was generated from the left and right very lowest rib near hip bone, I have never gone in an ambulance previous to this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.