Can anyone else "feel" their gallbladder?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since being told I have gallstones after one getting stuck in the bile duct, when I walk about, I can feel something in that area. It's not pain or anything, just something uncomfortable which catches my attention. Does anyone get this??

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I will give Pecan's a try, didnt like the taste of walnuts but these pecans look a bit same (google), the other thing is i have less control, instead of a handful like they say, i'll just gobble up the whole packet, which is also not good.
  • Posted

Oh , I used to be like that with biscuits, your GB will tell you when you have had enough, lol

But I know how you feel, I have eaten all the wrong things for the last three days and I am paying for it now.

• Posted

are you in pain or have you had your GB out already ?

this morning while still awake in bed and around 8pm i felt a 'bit' of pain. The pain felt light and superficial, i dont know if its the muscles or the skin or is it gallbladder pain or is it liver pain

• Posted

Trex your symptoms sound so similar to sphincter oddi dysfunction, can be mistaken for GB problems. Google it and see what you think.
  • Posted

...but i havent had my GB removed. Sphincter of oddi dysfunction is in those who have had their GB removed
  • Posted

Not really pain, trex, just discomfort. I am going to take my ACV this morning as I gave run out for the last three days.
  • Posted

No Trex, I have sod and I still have my gallbladder. It is more common in people who have had GB removed, but people with other digestive conditions can also have it. I have oesphagitis and diverticulosis and IBS and these can all cause sod. Also many medications can bring it on. I was on a forum just for sod and about a third of us stil had gallbladder.
  • Posted

I have diverticulosis too, I'm in for a treat then....lol

• Posted

Trex if you have stones then it probably is that.

Designergirl, it depends my diverticulosis is quite bad and has moderately narrowed my bowel, so it is like a back pressure it causes which they think affects sod, but all digestive conditions can affect it but gallbladder seems to be the most common, possibly because it is so near oddi sphincter.

A lot of what I have found out is off internet as consultants just not helpful, I was told got this this and this bye bye, no advice or explanation. When I tried to query something I got told that he didn't have all afternoon to sit and explain. I was so shocked I just sat there like a fool and nodded, I wish I had just got up and walked out and complained.

• Posted

@designergirl12: yeah, i think i could describe my condition as similar - 'discomfort' occassionally not really pain as it feels superficial and it comes on any time it likes i cant relate it to if i had fatty meal. So, how is your fatty liver, has it improved ? did you have to drastically cut down on all your favourite foods like pizza, chips, burgers, etc ? I try to keep on a low fat diet but all my favourite foods creep up on my plate, junk food and supermarket dinners which arent low fat.

I am trying again with having 'one' of my favourite foods only once a month but when you walk into supermarkets its hard with all those creamy buns and dougnuts.

@jane40765: ...also i think doctors are just like us they cant always remember what to say with the added stress to see so many patients waiting outside. What i do is take what the doctor says and then do i own research on google and find out more than what the doctor won't tell you. Its more relaxed and i think the doctors dont want to make you anxious.

• Posted

Dunno if fatty liver has improved trex, but it tend to steer clear of lots of obviously fatty foods except biscuits, can't leave them alone lol

I could never eat a burger, I am almost veggie, can just about stomach chicken.

Consultants are a pain in thenproverbial anyway

• Posted

I have gall stones. 4 small ones and one 17mm.  I  was examined recently by an eminent oncology doctor who said yes it is your gall bladder and usually I cannot feel the gall bladder but I can feel yours !

Over the last 9 months but not for the last two monthsI  had 5 episoded of billiary colic usually starting at night. Two of the last bouts were very bad and I think in hindsight I sould have been in hospital however unless the patient is horizontal & writhing in pain I was told to take paracetamol

& goodbye at our local teaching hospital.

I found that the stone that was stuck in my duct causing my pain and vomiting shifted after I drank third of a cup of olive oil then a whole lemon juice and pulp.  The next morning was when I thought I must try something to try to relieve the pain and within half an hour of trying this natural remedy my pain had gone.  Apparently this is a quack treatment that does not work ?

I will be getting usodioxycholic acid perscribed today because a surgeon

who I am told is excellent advises that the tablets are a conservative approach to managing gall stones.

I personally would like to prevent the recurence of those billiary bouts

if I can without the serious implications of the knife. So be it if the stones do not disperse by the chemical method therefore I'll have to think again.

It might be worth reading Dr R M Eades (USA) who states that a low fat diet can cause gall stones as can a high fat diet.

Although the medics have not told me catagoricly that my gall bladder was inflamed and enlarged due to it now being not felt by my sensitive fingers under my right ribs, I can only conclude that it must have been enlarged for me to feel it as did the eminent doctor some three months ago directly after my horrendous bouts of bloating with sickness and pain.........

I will be drinking a bit of 'cider vinigar' in water regularly as I hear this can be a remedy for stones......

• Posted

Yes I can feel mine. Have been diagnosed with a gallbladder full of small stones. I am now due to have it removed. But before the ultrasound scan to confirm that I had stones I was told by one doctor that I couldn't possibly feel it..well let me tell you you definitely can . It's a weird uncomfortable feeling..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.