Can anyone relate...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies don't laugh but just wondering do any of you feel like you are bigger even when there is no change when you get on the scale. I hate this feeling I have never been a small person but I dang sure don't wanna get bigger. I hate looking in the mirror it seems to me that I have a prego belly but also I think everything has started sagging.. Lol that's the only way I know to describe it. And also its like I love sweets especially at night and I'm getting the taste for different foods do anybody get what I'm saying? I'm not one to write long post but no one here understands my husband and my kids act like they get tired of me asking them if I'm looking bigger to them. I just turned 48 this month. I would just like to know how does peri cause all these issues with us!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Donna,

Although I'm still a size 10 waist I have a pot belly and my boobs are a size bigger with nipples that now point down at the floor.

The two years before my periods stopped I just wanted cake and chocolate every night,craved it like I always used to for the week before my period.

The eating sweet things did improve once my periods stopped.

The belly and breast drooping is still the same, I started HRT six weeks ago and have my fingers crossed it will perk my beasts up a bit at least.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi all

I've experienced the same, dreadful bloating, nausea, reflux etc. For now mine is drastically better by cutting out nearly all diary. I have eaten diary all my life (now 48) with no obvious issues. After reading that our bile production reduces as our hormones do and that this is linked to how we digest fats I thought I'd try. Gone is the milky tea (have it black), gone is the greek yoghurt on my granola (now have coconut milk), gone is the cheese (replaced with canned salmon for the calcium etc). I am amazed at how I prefer my new choices but also that the bloat has gone. I can now enjoy sourdough bread again (it owas not gluten causing my probelm in the end). Reflux an awful lot better but not totally gone. I noticed the difference within a week so you may like to try too.

Remember how we store weight changes as we get older. The addition of fat around the middle is because this is where some of our oestrogen will come from as our ovaries shut down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.