Can anyone relate?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all ive not had a test for ebv as of yet as its so hard to see a doctor. Here is a bit of history as it sounds a lot like what you guys have had.

start of 2019 i suddenly had a weak feeling in my left arm and it felt really heavy no pain. My grandad had just passed and it was a very stressful time looking back, a few days later i started with muscle twitching all over. By this time i started to panic as i suffer with health anxiety. It then felt like my arms and legs were not really mine like i had to think to move them normally. id say i gained a little weight also about half a stone.

congestion and excess mucus in throat

running nose

aches and pains

cracking joints in fingers

feeling of pressure in teeth

sore throat now and again

fatigue

occasional nausea with wretching but never sick

waking up with hand pain that subsides within an hour

waking up feeling anxious for no reason

panic attacks

ectopic beats palpitations

low mood and anxiety problems

pins and needles in arms and legs

period of time when legs felt weak and heavy for weeks.

gland pain

most of these have gone now but i still suffer with low mood and anxiety and still get aches and pains, the need to crack fingers and some gland pain. ive had covid twice and came through ok but im wondering if its activated something again?

i never really get poorly tbh and full std came back clear baring hsv1 , i do have silent reflux and heart monitors have said ectopics.

hope everyone is good.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

i cant believe you have gone so long with this without support. i have driven myself mad and only had it a year. i also cant believe your working full time. i had to give up my job and i have taken on a job less stressful. because i was off sick for months! mainly due to the anxiety and fatigue.

i get the anxiety too after eating as well and the watery mouth particularly at night at one point it was so bad because i kept fixating on it and i still get congestion most days. fun isnt it!

• Edited

does that mean its not ebv or ive just done well?! mental i know but ive just had to hold it together for my family. ive had days worse than others but just powered through. i found that the cold weather makes my hands like weak. You will be ok laura your doing well

• Posted

thanks Chris, im doing a lot better now and lookimg forward to starting work next month,you get used to the weird symptoms and shrug them off after a while. yes it is EBV but you done well too! time helps with this, i definitely see improvement in myself.

• Edited

thats good and yes i agree! good luck with work im sure you will smash it!

• Posted

how are you both getting on? just a little catch up. hope you are well

• Posted

I'm doing okay Chris. Thanks for asking. How are you holding up lately?

• Posted

good to hear jay! not too bad im busy at work and feel ok. still get aching all over if ive had a hard day, still got twitching but i dont feel ill. Whats the script with you?

• Posted

Hi Chris, thats great your feeling better. i am also doing lots better and got a lot more energy for once. unfortunately i have just found out i have got covid so might not be starting my new job next week. im literally just praying this doesn't stir anything up! thanks for asking and its nice to hear when people are improving

• Posted

ah never is it your first time? ive had it twice kicked its ass you will too. Good luck in your new job what is it your doing?

• Posted

yeh first time with covid, i have avoided it this long! thanks for the encouragement! i need it. im working in a clothes shop down the road from where i live, so no more hour drives to work. As from when i start next week im completely healthy and dont have EBV, thats what im tellimg my body anyway

• Posted

i can def relate to some of those my biggest one is my breathing im always having a hard time breathing and feeling weak at times . ive also had panic attacks, low moods, anxiety, depression,and some mucus and coughing as well.

• Posted

bless you its horrible isnt it. ive had the mucus i always get it in my throat and nose even though i havent got a cold. its just annoying. i remember going for a spiromatry test for the breathing. i had to blow hard into a machine,all was fine. i remember saying to the doctor i feel as though when i breathe i cant get enough air in! that goes in time

• Posted

aw i wish u a fast recover!! its so scary to deal with this whole mono no one truly gets it unless they go through it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.