can fundoplication wrap be removed help please?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had nissen fundoplication surgery on june 30th 2016, i havnt been vomiting since the operation but having been getting really bloated after eating straight away!,dizzyness before and after eating,belly grumbless loud not hungr sounds,cant sleep threw the night i wake up every few hours, and get belly cramps quite often,feeling sick all the time everyday and i cant go to the loo without any laxitives and is so fed up with having this wrap inside me! id rather be sick then feel better afterwards than having a sick feeling 24/7 that you cant get rid of!. i have read online that they cant remove the wrap but my surgent has said to me if i still cant cope in a year he will remove it for me ? is this to good to be true? help??

p.s me and my surgent dont see eye to eye

?would be grateful if any one could help me out or let me know if they are having the same issues as i feel like im mental

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cody, so sorry you are having such a bad time. I am 6 weeks ahead of you and yes life is a minefield still. I was told never to have bread again.   When I do it causes pain and mega discomfort. Try toast it goes down and 'through' better. I also was given Motilium to prevent nausea and assist food to pass through quicker. I now keep this on hand for 'bad' days. My surgeon also told me pre op that I would never vomit again...it's true. I wish you well, hope things settle down for you soon. It's still early days after such major surgery. There is a lot of healing and adjustment still taking place.

• Posted

Yeah toast seems to go down a lot better but still the bloating and the pain after makes you think twice and I've tryed that, it's what my gp gave after I complained about it all but some reason didn't help sadly but I've always been funny with anit sickness gusse Im just a weird one hahaha but I hope you recover okaay and just gotta take one baby step until it healed then will know if it's worth having it or not

• Posted

Hi Cody,

I had my surgery on the 8th of June, I felt nausea quite a bit and took cyclizine anti sickness tablets which I badgered the nurses on the ward to give me when I was discharged from hospital the day after the op. They gave me 2 weeks worth and I still have some left, they were good at night as they made me a bit drowsy, for the wind I took plenty of Deflatine which also helps to settle stomach.

Today is 18 weeks since op and I can say honestly in the beginning I had my doubts but convinced myself I was OK.. I still have a bit of pain which is from the scar tissue, I can only eat child size portion of food and eat very slowly making sure to chew everything to a liquid before swallowing.

I am eating bread but only 2 slices of small loaf, it's better toasted.

Good luck with everything.

Margaret x

• Posted

I'll ask my gp about them Thankyou, and they have just gave me pepper mint water to try with the bloatedness but gusse not being able to go for a number 2 isn't helping much, and I've been getting pain above my belly button like a inch above and side pains and normal belly cramps and I too can't eat a lot but cause before the op I was sick up to 17 times a day I had to train my body to eat small but often I'm still doing that now which the next makes you think your over eating and other ruff which Infact only adds too small portions and I hope you recover okay x

• Posted

I have just spent all day on a wasted trip to london to see the new surgeon who is going to operate on the mess the previous surgeon left during my first op.

The first surgeon did not share any of the results from the extensive tests that where taken in order to assist the new op includin CT scan and barian swallow results despite me seeking assurances and chasing up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.