Can H Pylori come back even after taking the 3 antibiotics

Posted , 47 users are following.

my symptoms, pain under left ribcage is still there and tummy seems to bubble and make weird noises like a burb inside. Is this normal???

5 likes, 121 replies

121 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had H Pylori years ago - and I believe it was what caused several trips to the ER over years - I would have stomach "attacks" I have a lot autoimmune issues and didn't want to take the 3 antibiotics - also - don't think my stomach could have handled it - So I followed my naturopaths suggestion (he was also an MD) and took Pyloricil for a month - blood test afterwards - VOILA - it was gone - pretty easily - I don't know why the medical community does not unite and use all forms of treatment to heal. My sister had the same thing - recently - we are of different minds - she took the antibiotic - it was not fun - I think she finally did get rid of it though.

In the meantime - gut health has become something that people are beginning to take seriously - I was glad to see the supplement support - You can google DR Axe and Leaky gut - he explains it and has a protocol of what to take to heal it - I had been doing it - but then accidentally ate gluten - which I am intolerant of - was sick for two weeks - and then felt better for one day and now feel like I did when I got the H pilori - hope its not back - gonna run and get a test

Take probiotics - L Glutamine really helped me so much as well. I ran out of it - that might be the problem smile

• Posted

Sounds like great advise naturallola. I've had H-Pylori twice now and think I may have for a third time, waiting for test results. Not sure you ever get rid of it completely.

I was looking for something natural to kill of the bacteria so may try the Pyloricil you mentioned, then I will try L-Glutimine to repair the gut lining and between 10 - 50 billion probiotics to replace the good bacteria (I found this on another forum for IBS (H-Pylori in disguise), interesting!

Where do I get the Pyloricil, is it completely natural and what dosage? Do you have to stick to a special diet?

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!

• Posted

mastic gum also works to rid of hpylori, it's so natural u can take it everyday. it's a tree resin. once u rid of hpylori u should take mastic gum once,a year for at least a month or two. keeps it from coming back. because once u get it it has to grow, if u maintenance dose it can't grow. it spreads like the plague through saliva. ewwww

• Posted

I would really like to hear more about how you cleared the h pylori. I have been having symptoms and it's scaring to me to death. I never cleared my h pylori because my body kept on rejecting the antibiotics and now I'm getting really bad symptoms. Scared of what it might be

• Posted

Go back to your GP I tried lots of different antibiotics and on 4 attempt it was resolved
  • Posted

I was prescribed two antibiotics and 1 anti-acid pill 3x a day for 2-3 weeks but something equally important that the nurse practicioner told me to do was to steer clear of all acid producing nutrients during this time. That means no sour candies, no hot peppers, no fruits, no juice, no coffee, no soda, no flavor for your taste bud during this time of treatment.

She explained to me that H. Pylori is an acid loving bacterium so naturally the best place to live is in my stomach. The treatment worked for me because all I ate was porridge(white rice boiled in water until thicken) and drank only water plus the 3 pills 3x a day for 2-3 weeks.

It was difficult but I pulled through because it made sense. You basically 1.)inhibit the acid in your tummy which = inhospitable environment to live for H.Pylori, 2) starve it to death = don't eat candies, drink sodas or juice, no fruits (stick with porridge(no salt/no seasonings) and drink just water), 3)Bring in some competition by introducing antibiotics.

Do Steer clear of taking any acids/vitamins/candies etc for 2 1/2 months thereafter finishing the meds just to be sure you are not nurturing any weak H.pylori survivors back to life. The last thing you want to do is feed it with a glass of homemade lemon aid or a squeeze of lemon in your salads, soups, tacos, etc. 2 1\2 months of fighting the cravings! You can do it if you put your mind to it! Take your body back!

• Posted

I can honestly tell you it took my GP and hospital visits 4 attempts to get rid of this vile thing.
    • Posted

Hello,

How did your body do it without the nutrients? You said you haven't taken even vitamins to counter the effect of not eating anything healthy for several months.

Thanks!

• Posted

I had the exact same experience and instructions and it works for me!
  • Posted

I beleive it can but the antibiotics can give similar symptoms as well even weeks after taking them.

I have had my fouth lot now and still have symtoms. Gurgling stomach I mean very loud gurgling and I can feel it. Stomach pain and some weight loss.

I have had amox and metri for one week, then for two weeks, again for one week (six months after the first two sets) and just ten days ago finish a week of amox and clathyr. I still have the symptoms,

I am also taking two lanzes a day as well and taking pro biotics

I find cranberry juice helps  I read that inhibits the little feckers from reproducing.

Its not a nice thing to have I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

• Posted

Hi JAke I ended up taking 4 antibiotics together as my 4th attempt to rid me of this terrible parasite. I have to say it worked. Keep trying hope it works for you.
  • Posted

My husband has had h pylori 6 times now and the dr keeps giving him antibiotics and no other help he is doubled up in pain and doesn't has healthy eating plan is this right that they only offer antibiotics thankyou 

• Posted

I should imagine it can return as it is bacteria and not a virus. Have you got an ulcer that still hasn't healed? Or maybe IBS? You might need an endoscopy to discover the full extent of what's going on.

• Posted

I've had a stomach problem for about 4 years now. Every other month there was a week where I couldn't eat anything I'd get sick even with the thought of eating would make me sick even drinking water would make me sick. This past November I had pains in my stomach I felt like I had my menstrul cramps but so worse but it was in my stomach. I went to the doctor drew blood and I have h pylori sad well I took my antibiotics and well I still feel like I have it I lost 10 pounds so far. It's the death of me I can't eat I'm nauseous I can take 2 bites and finish and then get sick. I wanted the gastric sleeve well instead of paying the 10 grand guess what I got my own called h pylori it's the worst thing. I came across this and made me more sad cause I'll always have it. I hate living like this. I'm a very clean person I just don't understand how in the world me or any of us can get it but it's common apparently... I want to eat but I can't. I gotta see the gastric doctor for the first time and I'm just bummed about the whole thing I have the burb bubble you feel... also feels like I have a baby in there but I'm not pregnant just the nerves in there I guess..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.