Can H Pylori come back even after taking the 3 antibiotics

Posted , 47 users are following.

my symptoms, pain under left ribcage is still there and tummy seems to bubble and make weird noises like a burb inside. Is this normal???

5 likes, 121 replies

121 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, same here. I have also taken two courses of antibiotics each time 2 different ones, but all the same still have those noises like bubbling or burbing, not sure if it is normal.
    • Posted

I don't think the antibiotics do more than just clear the infection when you take them, then like many other infections, if the conditions are right and the body contracts the infection again, the symptoms will return and you should see your doctor and discuss what threatment is best for you.  

From my own experience of not knowing the symptoms, so not seeking treatment, until the ulcer burst and I had peritonitous, I would say to anyone, if you think you've got an ulcer, get your GP's advice and treatment.  A month in hospital isn't fun!  And you may not have anything wrong, so you could stop worrying!!!  Good luck!!!

• Posted

I did some online research and find out that H pylori is becoming resistant to some antibiotics that's why there is a possibility of reoccurrence. As for my ulcer, doctors did X-ray test and said it healed, so what is left there ? It must be H pylori, which survived.
  • Posted

What antibiotics did you take ?
    • Posted

I can't remember the antibiotics I had when I had the second infection.  It was found by a blood test, It was a long time ago, I think I had two different ones and proton pump inhibitor to stop the acid forming.  I still take that as a precaution.  It was a fairly new treatment when I had it and I think its probabley better controlled and the test to see if you;ve got it no longer involves a blood test, but I don't know.
    • Posted

Pyloric with proton pump inhibitor worked for me the first time ... it's very expensive and most ins. Don't want to pay for it.

• Posted

I was told by doctor that a blood test  can be inaccurate up to year after any treatment for the condition and can show a false positive.....whereas  the breath test that is one that will identify if you still have the gut bacteria present however you have to wait at least 6 weeks or longer after a course of antibiotics before taking the test. 

I guess the blood test is good first time round but not reliable second. 

• Posted

A stool stool test is also accurate I believe because of its sensitivity. And yes 6 weeks is the time everyone should wait to get retested but if your symptoms don't improve after 2-3 weeks I should say get another treatement. 

• Posted

Ive noticed resistance by the doctors in the UK to retest as NHS guidance states after first treatment retesting is not necessary only if patient presents with symptoms should they treat again. Its crazy as surely each time we need to know otherwise uanessacry course of antibiotics which could be something else. 
  • Posted

Hello, how is you condition nw been on the 2nd set of antibiotic.... I was diagnose with H.Pylori and I have just started taking antibiotic, am on Amoxicillin n Clarithromycin with Omeprazole.... Apart feeling like bubble is stock in ur throat, I keep having arch in my arm..

Does anyone get this arch too n has anyone been cured from it yet?????????

• Posted

Hi Diane although I have had a test done it came back as normal but my symptoms are still present. I am seeing my doctor on Tuesday. I don't have any pain in my arms at all. My pain is directly underneath my left rib cage but isn't there all the time but does give a feeling if being bruised. My husband has just been diagnosed with the same problem . Hope this helps. Bev
    • Posted

Hi diane01 and all,I was diagnosed with duerdenal ulcer 15 months ago I know it,s not H-pylori but I think it,s all to do with gut problems,I also have AF and I,m on the AFA site aswell and on there they to have the same theory sort out the gut problems and a lot of the other things will sort them selves out.Latest research shows that bad bacteria is killing the good bacteria which is causing a lot of the problems,I have had the bubble stuck in the throat feeling and nausea for months so last week we talked on the AFA site about pro-biotics so i started on them last Monday and for the last 3 days no nausea or bubble they are not cheap but feeling better is worth the money,It might not work for everybody but it might be worth giving it a try.If anybody does please let me know how you get on argzxoni
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, I got tired of reading I went off the site for awhile.. After the first test of endoscopy dey found h.p which I was given I week of two anti biotic.. I manage to get the to do another because I wasn't feeling any better and my weight keep dropping, pain in my arm still there and on n off tummy arche, I had a second endoscopy n colonoscopy they said they check for H.P and it was clear that there only mild gastritis.. What can I do nw, how r you now???? Sorry to hear about your husband pls update
    • Posted

Argzxoni what is the pro-biotic you used???

Thanks argzxoni for the reply, I got tired of reading I went off the site for awhile.. After the first test of endoscopy dey found h.p which I was given I week of two anti biotic.. I manage to get the to do another because I wasn't feeling any better and my weight keep dropping, pain in my arm still there and on n off tummy arche, I had a second endoscopy and colonoscopy they said they check for H.P and it was clear that there only mild gastritis.. What can I do nw, how r you now???? 

• Posted

Hi diane,I use Acidophilus,Just read an article in the mail and it say,s in there that not enough people understand the gut problem about good and bad bacteria,not to say it will work but it wont do you any harm.I got them from Holland and Barrett,3 months supply for £11.99.
    • Posted

I had the same thing and discovered it was a side effect of the Omeprazole.  Try getting of the ppi family, and switch to an h1 blocker like zantac, which is also used to treat h pylori.  The ppis can cause seriosly bad side effects.  I had anxiety, insomnia. aches in the limbs along with numbness, chest pain/palpitations, difficulty breathing and more.  Then I looked it up, and those were all listed as side effects of ppis, including worse--far worse, like death.  These meds are like poison for some, so take heed.
    • Posted

Thanks Stomachgirl, I am trying to get off omeprazole and the renesdine but just worried if the acid is still there it become worse??? I will try and stop it and get on Zantac.. Hope d arm pain get sorted, I also started getting the bubble in d tummy, on and off tummy arch.. Really tired 
    • Posted

Thank you Argzxoni for your reply I will get off to Holland and Barrett tomorrow.. It's what a try... I was on another discussion page interesting information, read that  Pomegranate Juice during meal is good, also to top up on supplement... This is from the page

-Magnesium Supplement 

- Sublingual B12 (top up with iron rich food)....

-Bromolain/Quercetain, Nattokinase

-Zinc Gluconate 25mg daily with meal 

- Vitamin Dplus K2

- Slippery Elm

Pls let me know if you or anyone knows anything thing about this supplement and if they can help.. I also heard about Bone Broth?????? Need some info.. Thanks Diane

• Posted

I didn't have a problem getting off omeprazole, but I stayed on pepsid and zantac.  zantac is the same as ranitidine.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Bone broth helps line the digestive track and heal, as does slippery elm.  I hear these two are the best.  I take slippery elm & it helps.  I'm a vegetarian, so the bone broth is out for me.  L-glutamine also promotes tissue repair.  Try that, but it won't work immediately, so try it for a good while.  B12 and D k2 are important for the immune system.  I take them. Bromelain is a digestive enzyme, and I believe nattokinase is too, by the ase ending of the word.  I take a ton of digestive enzymes. I'm sensitive to zinc, but magnesium keeps you regular and regulates many functions in the body.  I take that too, along with dgl licorice, marshmallow root, oregano oil, neem oil and olive leaf which are natural antibiotics, to kill off any yeast or fungi that I may have in the gut.  
    • Posted

Diane, be watchful with Zantac. One possible side effect is depression & dealing with this is depressing enough.

• Posted

Hi argzxoni, what probiotics did you use, do you mind sharing it with me. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.