can i have ces without bladder problems?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am 24year old female i have been suffering with lower back pain for just over a month so ino not as bad as some of the poor unfortunate people on here sad but i am soo anxious wih it ad i have had no answers from the four doctors iv seen. i have swelling of the sacrum area lots of pressure numbness in my lower back bottom and sadle area and loss of reflex in my foot the pressure and dead bottom feeling seem to be gettin alot worse and the numbness seems to be traveling down other than that no problems with bladder function. i am awaiting an mri but god knows how long that will take am i likley to have this condition? sad xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Taylor ... It does like it's the start of it ... To me ... I was in and out of hospital last year for weeks on end .. Or left lying in bed in the most unimaginable constant pain ... Was told and had two MRI scans that disc would retract itself .. But knew deep down things were not right ... Go with your gut instinct .., then one day I could not feel my body at all from waste down was left like that for five days was then rushed for emergency theatre to remove the disc but was too late damage had been done permantley ... I'm grateful I am able to walk a slight bit some days.i am in constant oain but not as bad as before disc was removed .. I don't havefeeling for toilet back and doubt it will return but I hope yours doesn't get to that stage ... My left leg bum and foot are numb pins and needles with electric shock feeling in it ... I can only tell you to keep as often as you can go and call your gp and list the red flag symptoms you already have ... If you get pain so bad go to a and a this will ensure you get MRI quickly ... In meantime be very careful not to move you prolasped disc any more by taking caring in your movements xx
    • Posted

aww im so sorry to hear that how awful sad thankyou for taking the time to comment im driving myself insane i went to a&e last night as i noticed the numb skin feeling in my bottom didnt realise it was in the saddle area until the doc examined me they said had to wait to see a neuro sergeon anf have a bladder and mri scan but after a bladder scan showed normal the neuro sergeon didnt bother to come see me and they booked an mri with outpatiants so i have to wait for a letter for that i just feel like im getting pushed aside alot sad thanks for ur advice and hope u feel better soon smile xxx
    • Posted

In so sorry to hear that if I were you I would go back to a and e today and say that you are losing feeling in your bladder and that your LEG PAIN is worse than back pain this also helps you get MRI scan to me you are a hundred per cent showing all the high risk signs of ces ... It's not very well know illness /disability however is it a medical emergency .its a horrendous thing to have a very worrying you drive your I self insane thinking and worrying I know 💖.. Why they wait till it's too hate for oeople is beyond me .. I get very very angry ..😔😔😔😔... Keeping fighting them and keep a strong eye on all feelings etc you have In back leg foot etc .... Are your feet very cold too ?? I hope you get treated before it's too late and your are left with lifelong disabilities and pain .. 💖
    • Posted

what happens with th bladder? i am goin to the toilet but feeling like it comes on reallly quickly and im desperate as soon as i feel i need the toilet so like no build up. my feet r quiet cold and i had no reflex in my feet yesterday i just dont understand why i was sent home without the neuro sergion even talking to me. ur situation terrifies me as i have 2 small children and i work part time i dont really have time to rest or not be able to so things sad xxx
    • Posted

Awwww dear god ... They don't like to operate as the op is highly risky as it is .. The thing with ces is that it can either come on gradually or in minutes ... ... I really feel for you and all I can do is beg you to go to a and e straight away and even if today say your psi. Is not as bad as others tell them it is tell the you are having accidents today and the can not send you home they must MRI you the operate quickly if need be .. Yeah that was my symptoms at first .. Then I could feel nothing was literally peeing my bed all day and night even through pads etc ... Once I was paralysed from waist down I couldn't feel anything and now I still can't in learning to control it bit better but it's hard especially when it should never of happened .😔... I worked part time too but have been off since last June had surgery last September ..and gave two young girls too and it's been the most hardest time ever .., , if the catch it with in three days nerves can repair in some cases over time but mine won't .. Xxx I find the men's heated thick socks help my feet ...it's just horrendous 😔😔😔..., xxx
    • Posted

ok i think il just go straight to a&e its better to be safe then sorry i really appricate all of ur advice and ur time hun i will post back with an update soon smile xxxx
    • Posted

Aww that's great to hear .. Will be thinking if you ... Make sure you say you are having accidents today and numbness is worse and your feet are freezing and you are losing feeling for looks that leg pain is unbearable .. I pray they will step up and help you like you should be helped before it's to late 💕💕... Good luck xx
    • Posted

Now that I read this again makes me realise you do have incontingency problem if you have to rush to the toilet.

I would suggest that you should drink up, go to the er and try to hold it without going to the toilet, and this is horrible, but just pee in your pants there, in front of the doctor or care personnel. Have someone with you as witness and If they don't take you  seriously then and later you will have serious problems with cauda equina you can sue the hospital for malpractice.

• Posted

Also try and stick same gp the one who you think understands the most please keep on at them explain it's affecting your daily life and the stress of worrying etc
  • Posted

tayla,

You have enough of the red flags to be concerned. Bladder retention can be subtle and not as noticable as incontinence. Dribbling like you have a weak stream of urine. Stop and start of stream. Or peeing more frequently and waking in the night to pee.These are signs of urinary retention. I had this and it was missed by 2 doctors because they were looking for out right incontinence. It all depends on if there is pressure on the nerves that supply the bladder. You need an MRI probubly sooner vs later.

• Posted

My surgery was done in October 2013 and now I've resumed my life very independently, my feet are cold in the evening but I'm able to walk fast and hve full bladder control. I just use heat pad for few minutes at night and sleep well, I'm not taking any meds so it's been very good for me so far. I live in Canada and was treated very well by the doctors, I started doing to pool in February 2014 and it has helped me so much, I started with gentle joint classes and now I'm doing Aqua fit classes to keep my wait under control and water helps to relax my body. It's been good so far for me. Good luck !!!
  • Posted

Start seeing a physiotherapist, it will help or acupuncture also help while u waiting, start taking tumric herb with milk, it will reduce the inflammation. Using the combination of ice pack and heat pad will help ease the pain. Good Luck !!
  • Posted

How are you tayla xxxx
    • Posted

hi sorry for the late update i went back to a&e my legs feel like jelly now and the numb skin feeling is all down my legs they did another bladder scan witch showed i wasnt emptying my bladder proply yet they still sent me home to wait for mri sad they gave me gabapentin i have no idea y wen i looked it up its for epilepsy? i am very confused and angry that they tell me to come in if any more numbness or weakness i have done that and they sent me home they said come back if you start to get incontinant. i am goin to call my gp today explain everything but still no further forward sad
    • Posted

Hi 💖 ohh it's just awful don't give up this is what they with me just keep going back tell your go all your feelings pain etc and go back to a and e it's only way I'm afraid keep at them .. Before it's too late and damage is done .... I am on gabepenstin can't spell at this time in morning it is for nerve pain and once it kicks in is very very good I assure you .., I'm on 2400 mg of it a day as well as tramodol and amotripoline and a few others xxxxx let me know how you get on today and all you can do is keep going back to a and e and gp xxxxxx sending love know how worried you are xxx
    • Posted

No bother take care xxx just be careful the gabepenstin makes you very drowsy etc at first but settled in your system it is a fab medicine xxx
    • Posted

hi i been to see my gp she is quiet sure its not cauda equina but has asked me to go in every few days for them to check my symptoms until i hav an mri. she does think its nerve damage because of the loss of sensation in my legs. i will keep u posted if anything changes and when i have my mri i appriciate all ur comments and advice uv been great smile xx
    • Posted

Hi well your go sounds as if she will keep a eye on things ... Just be very careful and take it easy when moving etc so as not to risk moving disc any more if ones out which it really looks like ... And keep phoning ambulance or going to a and e if you feel you need to ... They told me in my first MRI ohh it's no where near the cuada equina nerve system .. That turned out to be very wrong ... Go with your fur instinct you will know within yourself ... Take care xxx💗💗💗 and I hope you get your MRI as soon as possible x
    • Posted

she was really good today i think they now realise how anxious it is making me.... its disgusting how theyv treat u i would sew... u take care too hun i will b bk on in th next 7days wen i have my mri results xxx
    • Posted

That's great finally someone taking you seriously .. I know did think about it .. Why they leave this till it's so bad and late I can not for life of think why .. 💖💖💖💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.