can i have ces without bladder problems?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am 24year old female i have been suffering with lower back pain for just over a month so ino not as bad as some of the poor unfortunate people on here sad but i am soo anxious wih it ad i have had no answers from the four doctors iv seen. i have swelling of the sacrum area lots of pressure numbness in my lower back bottom and sadle area and loss of reflex in my foot the pressure and dead bottom feeling seem to be gettin alot worse and the numbness seems to be traveling down other than that no problems with bladder function. i am awaiting an mri but god knows how long that will take am i likley to have this condition? sad xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Starting to sound like you'd better ge MRI scan done privately because it seems it is getting gradually worse. It just might be worth the cost!! And really what else could it be unless nerve entrapment when you are losing feel and no reflex!! And what you tell about the bladder you are having problems now that you did not have few days ago it is gone worse. And if it is not emptying properly might lead to urinary infections. It is not normal for the bladder not to empty properly if you had had not problems with it ever before. You might tell that to the doctors. Because they might think you are just suffering what is normal for women that have given birth. Make a point of it that you cannot pee properly as you used to. And repeat that you did not have problems few days ago but now you have, its getting worse. That you feel something is really wrong.

I don't know if it is good for you to take the pain killers because then you might not notice things that you should. If it is just isciaticha the pain goes away quite fast when the situation improves, if it improves. I mean of course it is painful but is tolerable.

Guess they get a lot of patients with back pain that is just "normal" degenerative stuff that happens to most. And they all would like to have MRIs of course. But your case certainly is more serious with bladder problem.

• Posted

I agree with you so much it's such a serious thing not to be treated xxxx I do see what you mean I suppose everyone with a sore back wants a MRI but the pain with prolapse disc and if it goes to cuada equina surely docs at hospitals need more training in this field or something or more knowledge as to many people being left till it's too late .. Awful ... Xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.