Can internal haemorrhoids cause grooves/ridges in poop? (Pics)

Posted , 22 users are following.

I noticed the groove in July 2018. Went to my GP, he did a DRE and determined it was internal hemorrhoid. No bleeding, no pain, no mucus. Only symptom is the groove going down the whole stool.

Went back to GP to follow up in Feb since the groove hasn't gone away. I have a consultation on MONDAY, April 8 with a GI Dr. !

32 year old female. no family history of cancer.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi

was wondering if you still have this problem?

ive had it a long time and my stools like identical to this.

i had internal (3) grade 3 hems banded in jan 2022 which i font think has worked.

so i know i have internal hems.

i had camera in lower bowel in jan 2022 abd these were noted.

look forward to hearing back from you.

• Posted

@faye39922

Yes, still have the grooves.

• Posted

hey can you tell all your symptoms please i m having same kind of stool and lots of mucus

• Posted

i had something very similar. i am actually in the middle of a slew of medications. you should probably get checked for H. pylori. i would explain my poop as perfect rectangles. long and flat most of the time with mucus . I have been having problems since January. had colonoscopy done in March. one small polyp found. no other concerns. had egd done first week of June. biopsy came back with pylori infection. been taking antibiotics since Tuesday. my BM's are much more comfortable as of yesterday and today. do you have any other symptoms?

• Posted

no other symptoms other than the grooves.

• Posted

any updates for 2023, have you had a colonoscopy

• Posted

groves still there...nothing else has progressed thankfully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.