Can iron deficiency cause these?

Posted , 7 users are following.

over the past few months ive been having intense itching/tingling mainy on my arms and legs, ive been constantly tired (getting more than enough sleep yet feeling so sluggish and tired allll the time), been having random palpitations at rest and also have been experiencing eye floaters which im really starting to worry about

I had a blood test a few weeks ago and also a blood glucose test and everything was normal except my vitamin D, which im now taking supplements for.

My ferritin level was 11 but my GP didnt flag it up, however after some research ive started to supplement myself in hopes that i notice a difference. 

Im 21 years old and everything on eye floaters which ive found on the internet tend to happen to people over the age of 40/50.

I did have an eye test recently too and my eye doctor didnt say anything was wrong, does anyone know what possibly could cause this?

thank you!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you taking any medication?
    • Posted

Now I'm currently taking ferrous sulphate 210mg 3 times a day which I jus thought from the pharmacy and vitamin D 50000iU once a week as prescribed by my doctor

• Posted

Just bought*
    • Posted

Mimi

Have you googled the vitamin D pathway and the vitamin D council?

The minimum optimal level of vitamin D for me anyway was 75 nnomols.

• Posted

I did go to a local rite aid where the Pharmacist keep directing me to IRON tablets w/ ferrous sulfate under the label. I asked whether there was a differnc btwn Iron and Ferrous Sulfate? Of course she said No, But I've read where patients w/low Ferritin are treated with Ferrous Sulphate NOT Iron tablets. I previously purchased two different brands of Iron. The first one made me nauseous within 10 minutes.. the other I took for two days before breaking out in a rash.. so I stopped the supplements. Where did you purchase your tablets from?? Did they mke you nauseous at all??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.