Can mononucleosis mess with my period?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! I'm 18 and female, not sexually active. I was diagnosed with mono mid-July and this is the second period I've had while having mono. The first one was normal (but it made me feel awful since the pains and tiredness from that overlapped with my mono symptoms and made them worse), but this one doesn't seem normal. Usually when I start my period late one evening, it'll be pretty heavy the next day, but today is my first full day of it and there's barely anything. Is it possible for mono to be affecting it or am I just worrying too much?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ciela. For me personally this virus stopped my regular monthly visits for about 4-6 months. Currently I find that the fatigue and body aches are worse during my cycle, but seems to clear up/improve afterwards. This horrible virus throws a spanner in the works when it comes to your hormones, so dont stress. Be kind to yourself, rest, eat healthy and take whatever supplements help with your current symptoms. Keep your head up, we are all thinking of you and sending healing vibes. 
    • Posted

Some really good advice Sweebee, it is really good to see a post from you. I really hope that you are doing better and that it can reassure Ciela that what she is going through with her cycle is something that can be normal during this virus. 

Thinking about you and still believing in your recovery thanks to God! Hoping for a good day and weekend and settled week ahead for you!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much for your support and assurance, Sweebee! I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through the same thing and wish you a well recovery too.

• Posted

Hi Ceila thank you for your post. Your definately not going crazy with this, it is something I have learnt to deal with as oart of this virus, between ovulation and menstruation approx every 2 weeks my fatigue increases drastically. I have learnt to go with it as my body can't manage the virus and my cycle at the same time. I'm slowly inproving with the duration and intensity of the fatigue but it is very slow going. Take care, rest up and give your body all the time you need to heal.

Karen

xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying, Kliffy! Even though it pains me to hear that others are going through this too, it assures me that nothing else is wrong. It's crazy all the ways this virus can mess with our bodies, but I'm really glad to hear that yours is improving.

• Posted

Sounds like good advice Kliffy, really hoping that you feel much better too - remember things do get better with this virus with time and you ARE going to recovery - I truly believe that and hang in there!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.