Can Neti bottle/pot make things much worse?

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I know this sounds weird but my chronic sinusitis has me completely bedridden and has been for almost 2 years now and I haven't been able to work etc. anyway, my last CT scan showed massive inflammation and infection on the left side of my head primarily in the maxillary sinus.

It seems since I've been using the Neti bottle every day that I've gotten so much worse and consequentially my fatigue and weakness has been absolutely debilitating. My question is, has anybody ever heard of the Neti bottle or Neti pot making their sinus infection worse?? Thanks for reading.

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just chipping in here, nothing to do with the sprays but I wanted to warn you against being prescribed Levofloxacin or any other quionolone antibiotic (e.g. Cipro) - often given for sinus problems.  They can build up to a toxic level in your body, then you'll have serious aches and pains and fatigue!

Remember the name, and ask for a different AB if anyone tries to give you Levofloxacin.

• Posted

I've taken levoquin for my sinus infections and don't remember those side effects. But I'm done with it forever .
    • Posted

my ENT after my second sinus op gave me a course of Cipro mad augmentin I just took the augmentin after reading some chronic side effects like fatigue and nerve damage that is irreparable .Strange,in Australia there is no warning label or even instructions in the box.  Very scary indeed 
    • Posted

Levo and Cipro etc build up a toxicity, and how much a person can take before the adverse reactions kick in varies greatly.  Some people (like my husband) can take one course of Cipro no problem then the first few tablets of the next course kick it all off.  Others can take several courses before they get any symptoms.  What you never know is when your body's limit will be reached - kind of a Russian roulette with pills!

I'm so pleased you're done with it forever.  Not sure if you're referring to Levo (I think you are), but hopefully you're done with sinus trouble as well.  I used to suffer constantly many years ago, but take evening primrose every day and cut out dairy when I get a hint of a cold - that seems to do the trick for me.  Best wishes,

• Posted

Dora, it's probably not the nettie pot, but what youre putting in it. I couldn't stand being with a nettie pot. Dena

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.