Can only go one day without a drink !!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I know I should stop drinking, I don't drink everyday buy can only go one day without a drink, I then convince myself I deserve, the little voice tells me , you deserve it , you work hard , I tried aa, but feel I didn't fit in as I don't black out, I don't drink into oblivion, but I do drink 7-10 bottles a week, I'm at the end of my tether and slipping back to depression fast !!!! PS feel better just writing that down

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am the same. I love to drink, it makes me feel weightless and fun. I have borderline personality disorder and depression. I have a wonderfully supportive boyfriend but I find myself drinking about 2 bottles of wine a night. Tonight it's only 1 because I'm trying to cut down.

I've recently started smoking too for that light headed feeling. I want to loose weight and look after my body.

I've had a history of anorexia, bulimia and binge eating. Recently I've had a lot of stress but I never saw drinking as a problem, just a social thing that I enjoyed because it is fun.

I feel like I've betrayed my boyfriend and friend's trust but I like to drink. Without alcohol I can't sleep well. I'm only 21 years old and 5"3, so it's easy for me to get to the tipsy stage.

I want help. I've told my GP and university and they've put me onto the alcohol and drugs abuse programme. I currently take 100mg of Setraline for my depression. But other than being on their radar I don't recieve medical help rolleyes I am trying and the doctors had complications for 2 months in getting my antidepressants so I self medicated ;_; I feel like a failure but I also like to drink for fun rather than to get me through the day.

I only drink late at night.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I should be recieving help but I'm not getting it. Does anyone feel the same way? <3

• Posted

11 months ago...how are you now Ann?? Just wondering...regards Robin
    • Posted

Telepathy Robin! I'm literally just reading this thread and wondering how Ann was doing. I wonder if we will find out?

Soon be four years for you, absolutely amazing, well done. Your family must be so proud of you.

I think it's great that you still post and offer sensible and helpful advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.