Can other people tell me what a flare up feels like to them ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all,

I must say that this forum has helped me and when I'm not feeling great I often spend hours reading the posts and I find them comforting. Here is my question. Is there a difference between a flare up or just discomfort? I was diagnosed in Febreuary, after about 6 weeks I started to fill somewhat better but often have major discomfort. This week I am achy. Went to only liquids today, see if I can handle food tomorrow. Are both of these flare ups? Are some flare ups worse than others? It's crazy realizing I must constantly live with this mess. 

Thanks so much

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I forgot to ask I hear walking is good should you walk while still on antibiotics? Or how soon afterwards and how far?
    • Posted

Hi, 

I feel as though you can physically walk you should do it. I started doing yoga too. I live in a snowy region in the U.S., so I cant always walk comfortably. But from everything I have read about this disease, walking is great for the gut. Thanks for your replies. 

• Posted

I work at a facility that requires me to  taste every type of flavored peanuts. I had 5 peanuts for the first time in 4 weeks. I started feeling weird from my stomach but I don’t know if it’s just my mind playing games. If anyone can tell me if eating berries and nuts really affect you? 
    • Posted

Nuts and seeds are a big no no also stramberries.. they get stuck in the little pockets and cause a flare up
  • Posted

I'm in a flare up now. I'm female and I start to feel pain in the pelvic area. Believe it's called pelvic floor. All I know, is it hurts. I have pain while coughing. Crazy, huh? I am guilty of not eating properly for this condition of late.

Was diagnosed July 2017. 6 days in hospital and 6 days no food or drink. IV antibiotics. Time for liquid diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.