Can Sciatica be in both legs?! PLEASE help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time out to read this  [smile]  

about two weeks ago, I started feeling this random pain in my left butt cheek whenever I bent down, sat the wrong way, etc. it started to worry me so I decided to see a Chiropractor to see what was up. 

He basically said that my vertebrae was not aligned properly and it was causing some inflammation and that I also had a pulled nerve. He said we would try to realign my spine every visit (3 times a week) and see if it holds. He mentioned the term "sciatica" to me and I googled it when I got home. 

I was horrified at what I saw online -- I saw that some people have it for YEARS with no relief?! I'm worried that I won't feel better with this therapy. Surgery was an option on the sites but there are a lot of health risks. 

Also- this morning I got up from bed, and I guess I sat up weird and it caused pain in my RIGHT buttcheek now?!? What is happening. 

The pain isn't as severe as the left but it's in the same spot I'm pretty sure. does anyone on here have any advice for me?! I'm 21, I don't work out or anything and this happened suddenly. My sciatica must not be that bad because I can definitely walk still, sometimes I feel numbness down my left leg if I sit for too long but idk I'm just VERY worried and stressed.

i don't eat much anymore and I can't sleep. 

Thank you so much to anyone who responds. I really appreciate it.  

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sounds like what is going on with me. Its off and on. Researching it now. 
  • Posted

. Had 7 more epiruralI have suffered from bialteral siatica for 15 years. Came to the point of severe pain down to my toes. After a MRI found I had two ruptured discs, stenosis and my spine was not in line, scoliosis. So after 6 epidurals and 2 rounds of PT went for surgery. Very soon after surgery I noticed a big relief. However after the spine fusion, rods and screws and removing bone spurs, the pain has returned . After one more round of PT and 6 more epidural injections am now in severe pain 24/7. Without the pain medications would be in real bad shape. I am considering more surgery though. Just hang in there.There is relief, just work on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.