Can Stomach Acid Cause Severe Pain WITHOUT Burning?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been experiencing severe upper stomach pain after using Antibiotics (7 Days Amoxicillin, Clairythromycin). I developed severe pain on the 2nd or 3rd day of antibiotics use but continued to take it for 7 days upon doctors encouragement. I was dying everyday was in so much pain but still completed the course. Till this day after 6 months I am in pain it has not lessened. My endoscopy was clear and did not show any inflammation or abnormality. Docs thought it could be Pancreatitis but my tests so far did not show any pancreatitis (MRCP/MRI, Ultrasound, Bloodtest). Furthermore good members of this forum have told me that if it was Pancreatitis it wouldnt last this long (6 months) continuously without any period of relief.

My pain is in upper stomach and moves around upper left and upper middle stomach. Stomach feels sore and painful from inside. My pain feels like you get punched in your solar plexus or a severe cramp in your upper stomach. Painful to breath when pain is extreme.

So my question is can stomach acid cause severe pain and severe cramp like pain in upper stomach WITHOUT any burning? Does anyone have any experience with such pain?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My pain often feels like theres a ball inside upper left stomach area and when I walk or do anything it gives the feeling like its hanging. While walking I can feel the pain and sometimes each step hurt a little. Even sleeping in certain position aggravates the pain next morning and I have been noticing I cant breath properly and my whole stomach feels like it swells when I sleep on right side, I feel weak shaky next morning and stomach feels swollen. Endoscopy didnt say any hernia and my pain is like someone punches you usually cramp like feeling or like someone punches you doesnt happen in hernia. Sleeping in certain position also changes the focus of pain next morning for example if I sleep on left side whole night the pain focus will shift on upper middle stomach, if I sleep on right side pain focus shift on upper left side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.