Can't Enjoy The Things I Used To Do

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I noticed that I can't watch horror movies or sad movies like I used too. It makes me very sad or causes panic attacks. I find that almost evetything I watch has to be either comedy or educational. Does anyone here experience this also.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes!  it improved for a while, thought I was returning to normal and was able to watch and read everything again.  But it's back.  Even documentaries with anything just a bit dark, (for want of a better word) or news of accidents for illnesses makes me anxious.  This comes and goes.  Wish these hormones would settle once and for all, it shakes the very bones of you. !

• Posted

I am the same!! One of my biggest accomplishment will be to beat this. Lol
    • Posted

Im just like you......it comes and goes. I think that I have every seen Andy Griffith and I love Lucy show now lol! Thank God for reruns! I can't believe what these hormones do to us. Hope you are having a good day. Take care!

• Posted

I can't enjoy anything anymore. I let myself go, my house is,not as tidy, not organized anymore, and I hate this!

• Posted

I notice this happening from time to time.its not about enjoyment but i cannot handle it on the emotional level.
  • Posted

Oh yes I had this. I couldn't watch anything unless it was a funny programme or interesting things. I would start panicking when something dark came on x

• Posted

Oh yes I had this. I couldn't watch anything unless it was a funny programme or interesting things. I would start panicking when something dark came on x

• Posted

Yes! I can easily cry! I feel stupid sometime but at least you recognize it. I stay away from really sad stuff. 
  • Posted

Yeagh I'm the same can't watch certain programmes, get easily startled, hate loud noises, bright or flashing lights, certain motion of the cameras need to close my eyes

Hubby gets frustrated cos I freak out when he's watching the Grand Prix, I can't stand the fast movement of the cars racing and he had to watch it when I'm not in the room...id never have believed this was possible all of these symptoms and sensations up until last year when my life totally changed over night

I hope we can all get through this and come out the other end into the sunshine feeling stronger and ready to start the next chapter of our lives

Best wishes to all if you lovely ladies xx

• Posted

Yes its like your emotions are heightened. I stress really easily over trivial things. I anger easily and cry over sad ads on tv. And it can happen suddenly out of the blue. I will be coasting along feeling fine then wham....meltdown. My husband tells me to calm down which makes me angrier.

He notices it more than me because every now and then he tells me the old Janine is back. Not that often atm though lol

• Posted

All I watch now is tvland but skip the commercials. No fb. Too risky I might scroll past something sad.
  • Posted

Hi Maria, I am the same way. I really cant hear about anything negative. I was watching Christmas movies in July but now they dont have them on right now. I watch alot of comedy and old reruns of Andy Griffith and I love Lucy. I hope that we all get this through this real soon. Hope you have a great day smile

• Posted

Yes . I am 41 and I can't watch, scary or SAS movies. I can't even watch happy ones because they all make me cry. Its just our hormones due to Peri. Now I just watch court shows and talk shows ..

• Posted

I watch alot of court shows too. I have 2 adult children who I used to argue with, now I notice that I avoid arguments. Even my children ask me if I am ok. I try my best to avoid anything that can increase my anxiety.

This experience has really forced me to put my self first and to really take care of myself.

• Posted

Maria, I agree about paying more attention to our needs. Being in peri does force you to pay more attention to our bodies and minds. Not by choice, but bc Of all the physical and emotional changes. It crazy. Most of us put our families first for so long, we forget about ourselves. You are right, it is an experience and maybe that's why we come out on the other side at our best and happiest. It's all in Gods plan, I'm sure. ((Hugs))

• Posted

I wonder after all of this, are we ever the same again? I find it kind of scary. I miss the old me, like crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.