Can’t face anything .... got head in sand !

Posted , 14 users are following.

does anybody else feel like this ?

I personally can’t get out of bed .... can’t face paying bills .... making a phone call ... 

I just don’t want to hear anybody’s voice . 

I hope this passes soon as I’m barely doing the minimum to keep my little house a me functioning .

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Yes! I have multiple, multiple symptoms and sadly, self-isolation of that sort is one of them and it's fairly new for my menopause. Honestly, I believe this is normal. It goes along with the lethargy and perhaps mild depression caused by our hormone changes. I work full time and some days I just don't want to come in, whereas just a few months ago I loved coming to work. Doing the minimum you need to do is understandable, too. However, if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to friends, family, a maid service, et al.

• Edited

Yes when I wake up just think ..... can’t wait for evening to go to bed ! I can’t even stand a cleaner coming to the house as will gave up make conversation  so try to keep up with it myself . I guess I’m depressed . All these bloody hormones aghhhhhh!!! 
    • Posted

If there is a way to get out of the house while a cleaning service is there, that would be best. I have to do this as well. Last week my property management's poor plumber came by after work on a Monday, at 5:15pm, and I was so annoyed. I felt terrible about it but I just couldn't control myself. Honestly, I can only stand my best friends around me, and then only one at a time. Sigh. You are not alone.

• Posted

I don’t want cleaners around right now ... I cant handle it . I manage by just doing a bit everyday .. it’s like climbing a mountain though 🙄

• Posted

Totally Lori! Some days are better than others, of course. I get anxious just looking at my messy little house. Have had many days stuck inside unable to face anything. Hardly drive anymore. Occaisionally vomit. Anxiety terrible. You name it. I'm NOT suicidal, but I understand why this time in our lives is the darkest!!😒😕

• Posted

Hi Lori, I really do feel for you. I've never felt a tiredness quite like this. It is an effort. Chores, housework, the usual stuff does seem so much harder. And the tiredness is like an oppressive blanket. Following a blood test they discovered a vitamin D deficiency and I've been prescribed vitamin D for 8wks so far. Obviously this is good but I don't feel any different. It's hard, I know that much. Have you got anyone who could help you out Lori? That would be a great help and no doubt much appreciated. Message me anytime. Donna xxx

• Posted

Yes most people are vit d deficient so get out in the sun when you can it really is the best source of vit d...... no sunblock though ! That stuff is toxic and you don’t get the benefit . 

I’m on all types of vitamins but nothing can make you feel like hormones do.  

I can manage on my own and just do a few things a day to keep house tidy bills paid ... it’s a BIG struggle though . Then I lie back down 🙄 praying this is over soon .... can handle all the little things like being sweaty but it’s the fatigue and depression .. whoa .. it’s tough 

• Posted

Hi Lori yep I feel so much like you. I didn’t go to work today. I woke up and just felt so low. I feel like I don’t fit in anymore. I feel like I have nothing interesting to say so opt out of so many outings/meet-ups as I’m so sad that I just can’t join in. I feel invisible and uninteresting and I just don’t have it in me to try at the moment.

It’s just not me. I was socialble happy and chatty before meno but feel like I’m just a person now and getting by.

I feel sexless, uninteresting and must be hell to be with sometimes. I love painting so I lose myself in that at the moment but I’m so sad I feel like I’m fading away sometimes.

Sorry! I don’t mean to b miserable and negative. It’s just a tricky few hormoneless days.

Thanks so much for bringing up a great topic and sharing your experiences. It really does help xxx❤️❤️

• Posted

Hi. You and I, both. It's hard for me anyway because I live alone after a break up five years ago, I am childless and petless, and I feel like no one wants me around. My friends have all coupled up again and at 51, though I am constantly told I'm attractive, I feel ugly and unwanted. Meno is tough. Tougher than grieving for a lost love one, because it's still grieving and yet, it's for ourselves.

• Posted

Your time will come ... I’m alone too and went through a divorce and a break up around the same time .  I do have my cat who is an angel and brings me so much love ... we’re literally joined at he hip . 

Pets restrict you though but for the love and company she gives me ... I don’t care. 

And yes my friend just met a great guy so she’s off with him cycling rafting wine tasting you name it! She’s 51 and has no symptoms gets up at 5am puts her full make up on and is on the go! She may be AD’s I think as she’s soooooo positive all the time ... it’s not normal 🤣

• Posted

Yes I was like that last week ... made the effort and went with a friend to a winery with a band etc. then to a house party . I felt like a freak and I’m always outgoing confident ... couldn’t wait to get home .

On the other hand went out Saturday and felt great positive chatty ... normal! I had a good sleep the night before tho so felt great.

Feel like crap today though . Glad youv e got your painting ... I have my running and my tv shows ... only thing keeping me going ... plus wine and pot! 

• Posted

I cannot stand the way I feel.  I dread doing errands because I do not want to have to make any "fake" conversations.  It is horrible.  I have said the same as you in other posts, I do the minimum to get by.  

It is so horrible.  And as someone else said, I cannot wait for bedtime.  I am period free at this point.  Wondering if anyone else is?

• Posted

My last one was December and boy I felt great ! The best I’ve felt in ages then by feb a slow decline and things just got worse. when I went on the combo patch I got 2 in the space of a few weeks . I’m off that patch now and just on the estrogen patch. Yes like you can’t be bothered making conversation . In the evening I’m more upbeat and can talk .... feel normal . 

• Posted

I am nearly 49 and have been period free for about 4 months. But every month I get worse around the time of my non existent periods. I feel low, horrible, pains etc... nightmare
    • Posted

Yes, Nanc...no period since October of last year. At my yearly check up Dr. gave me Provera for 10 days to have a bleed, since lining is too thick. Haven't taken it yet. And I've become quite agoraphobic. Can't even drive most days cuz I'm dizzy, etc. SO not the woman I used to be!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.