Can't gain weight with IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have all symptoms of irritable bowel 

gas, constipation, floating stools, bloating, get full really fast, lower back pain,

I lost weight about 4kg and I look thin I barely have any body fat to even protect me against cold and also i suffer indigestion my body appranetly dosen't make use of my fat I use digestive enzymes but I see no difference to be honest 

what can I do to gain back my weight 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My fiance has colitis and in the 4 years with him its taken him that long to gain about 1st and a half. He just eats loads and loads of crap. Although he does suffer from indegestion to
    • Posted

I seriously don't mind eating crappy stuff if it'll take me there but the moment i eat within minutes only i feel full and bloated and all the wastes just accumulate in my abdomen and give me a hard time 
    • Posted

Yeah thats what hes like. Its taken him a very long time to gain the weight but hes finally done it. Now i just hope it stays there
  • Posted

Has your doctor diagnosed IBS and have you had any tests?
    • Posted

my doctor is saying it's all bowel related 

I did all the basic blood tests and all normal 

I had an ultrasound all normal aswell 

the only thing i suffer along with all these is blood in urine but no infection

really confusing isn't it ? 

• Posted

I had all these tests as well and they came back negative so I was diagnosed with IBS.  Does the doctor know about the blood in your urine?  That symptom sounds odd.
    • Posted

yeah he does and he's not really sure why 

he's assuming I have a bladder issue like overdistention of the bladder that is causing it to get irritated I do have some bladder pain from time to time 

I've read online that bowel infection or inflammation can contribute to the blood in urine but I don't really know if that's the case

• Posted

Well first of all irritable bowel is not a diagnosis too many people are getting caught up in this and it is what Dr want them to do. The symptoms you have are symptoms of an underlying problem that the doctors could figure out if they wanted to but it cost to much to properly test everybody and guess who controls that your health insurance , so what they're going to do like everyone else out there is wait till the day your underlying cause gets worse and I can say for sure what it was but now its too late.
    • Posted

I did all tests like blood work all normal ultrasounds all normal and alot more I don't know it all now goes towards the bowel
  • Posted

ME too i had IBS for six months and have gone fron 110 to 88 pounds and cannot gain the weight back I also had SIBO but my doctor just put me on a high protien diet and so far no weight gain gonna have to call and go back but sure it wont help good luck my doctor cant buy a clue 
    • Posted

a high protein diet will do you no good trust me I tried it and no results I also tried carbs and fat but also no use cos apparently my body is not breaking down the food anyways
    • Posted

Im a DIabetic also so cant do carbs and fats are bad for IBS what does your Doctor say about your weight loss
    • Posted

the Dr says to add fiber that's all but it's not really helping 

ooh so you're a diabetic maybe a protein diet is the best for you 

If your by chance not lactose intollerent like me maybe you can try eating yogurt and drink buttermilk they increase weight pretty well too bad I'm lactose intollerent and I can't do dairy 

and the good thing is that yogurt has good bacteria that helps in digestion 

• Posted

Hi I have not been diagnosed but I have most of the symptoms I did lose a bit of weight due to stress breavment .I was bad on monday worst I have ever been stomach cramps and tired .I have had a lot of stress this year but I seem to think I have gained some weight
    • Posted

yeah stress can really add to all of it 

the thing for me is that I barely have fat and as I said earlier I barely have any protection against cold

stress can too add weight not necessarily loose weight depends on the person  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.