Can’t get out of bed !

Posted , 13 users are following.

Does anybody else have this problem ? I don’t work so I have the luxury of not having to get up but I could  literally stay in bed all day .... not sleeping but watching mindless tv . I wonder if this is meno or just depression or both!! 

5 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes,, I was in a carpool (kids to school) for years and HATED when it was my turn.  Often I was in my PJ's and then  back to bed when I got home.  Sometimes to just lay there and other times a 'hard sleep' for 2 or 3 hours.  In a few weeks they will be on the bus..  : )   Maybe I'll feel better not having to leave the house so early.  

• Posted

I want your life.  I want to be able to just lie in bed and not get up all day except for the bathroom of course.  I am tired from the moment I get up out of bed.  I work retail which means some days I have to be up at 3:30 in the morning to work like a dog unloading the truck.  When I get home I am so tired and so blah that I have to have a nap or I am no good to anyone even my dog.   I wish, I wish I could just not get up especially on those days.  As it is I have to pull myself up, stumble to the bathroom and take a shower just to wake up.  Just want to sleep. 
    • Posted

Hi Lori 

I don’t know how you do it ..... I could not ! I’m so miserable and you can see it in my face . 

I was just reading one post and this lady has never given up she’s been on like 10 different types of hormones and she finally got one that’s working . I swear I would just quit if I hadn’t read that . What a trouper . 

I’m going to keep trying ... this is HELL 

• Posted

Hi Lori,

I’m the same as you ! I’m very lucky that I don’t work . . . I admire the ladies that do and really wonder how the hell they manage ? I have to drag myself out of bed every morning otherwise like you say I could stay there all day . . . No motivation to do anything sad I don’t think even my family realise just how miserable and low I actually feel !! I just keep saying this has to end surely ? Otherwise what’s the point . . . I had know idea I would ever feel like this or that it would last for so long ! Every single time I get to grips with a symptom another one kicks me back down !! So you’re not alone xxx

• Posted

Hi Debbie 

How long have you been like this ? Mine started April really bad ... missed the whole spring and most of summer ... 😪 I always liked to take my time in the morning having breakfast waking up ... but this is different . 

I can’t be bothered doing anything even putting a stamp on an envelope seems like hard work. ! 

• Posted

HI how old are you , I feel the same, have you ever been on hormone patch at all, I am 58, just stared to try it, feel bad today day 8, dizzy
    • Posted

Hi Susan 

I’m 52 and yes I tried the full patch for a month and felt weird on it .... like I was on drugs . I slept well on it but it was almost like a false sleep and made me wake up too early . It was also making me have very DARK thoughts which is common with hormones .  Now I’ve cut the patch in half only been 5 days so I’ll see how I do with that . 

I’m just constantly tired guaranteed I work out a lot and hard  but it’s the only thing keeping me sane and I drag myself there. 

It will help with your dizziness though I was terribly dizzy and after 2 days went away .

It’s all so daunting ... trial and error . Some of the ladies on here have been through so much trying different combos ... I was about to give up before I read an inspirational story on here from one lady that just kept going until she found the right combo for her.

• Posted

Hi, again.  I know you can do whatever you set your mind to do.  My mind sometimes doesn't want to be set though. Like doing housework.  Yuck, and most days I just don't have the energy.  I try to take it just little steps and congratulate myself on accomplishing those.  Like cleaning out the dishwasher,  yeah for me, or sweeping the kitchen floor,  yeah for me.   Yesterday I cleaned out four drawers of my dresser,  yeah!!  Maybe someday I'll get around to a section of my closet.  Maybe.

Remember little steps are best.  Lori

• Posted

Yes I do that now too ! I used to clean the whole house in a day or two but now I split it up and just do a bit every day . One thing I can’t stand is a dirty house but when you’re so exhausted it’s tough . I can’t wait to feel normal so I can do my closet but you really have to be on the mood for that one so like you not putting too much pressure on myself . Plus since feeling so awful I don’t care about what I wear or how I look .... health and well-being is everything I am now realizing . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.